Designing Brochures

FLagent00

Expert
Anybody here doing their brochures in-house? I tried to outsource the design to a guy on Fiverr and it was a huge pain. Most of the graphic designers don't speak English very well and the language barrier is very tough to work around. On top of that I found out that some of these guys are somehow removing their negative reviews once they sell enough of their service.

Unfortunately I am back to "if you want it done right, then do it yourself". I think the printing is the most expensive part but I can do that by using my own copier and paper/ink. So has anyone figured out how to design a brochure without spending hundreds of dollars?

Anybody here doing their brochures in-house? I tried to outsource the design to a guy on Fiverr and it was a huge pain. Most of the graphic designers don't speak English very well and the language barrier is very tough to work around. On top of that I found out that some of these guys are somehow removing their negative reviews once they sell enough of their service.

Unfortunately I am back to "if you want it done right, then do it yourself". I think the printing is the most expensive part but I can do that by using my own copier and paper/ink. So has anyone figured out how to design a brochure without spending hundreds of dollars?

I did one once with MS Publisher and had it printed at Black and White Copies | Printing Service | Black & White Copies. It's 2 cent's a side so each brochure costs 4 cents. I think I was doing 500 at a time. I only printed in B/W since 99 percent get tossed in the trash 30 seconds after you hand it out. :mad:

What type of brochure are you printing? If it mentions a particular product or company, I hope you are running by a compliance department.

If you want conceptual brochures, you might want to check out the VSA:

Created by Camtasia Studio 7

The Virtual Assistant | The Complete Financial Advisor Toolbox

----------

Also, if ink is an issue, check out a continuous ink system from Cobra Ink:

.:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began

I designed a tri-fold brochure to selectively hand out to personal observation prospects. I also have it as a one-page flat to attach to emails.

I use brochure paper and print them myself on an HP 8600 inkjet. I'm constantly tinkering with it, so I only print them as needed. I'm sure a graphic designer could improve it, but it serves my purpose. See attached.

Attachments

• Introduction Tri-fold.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
I designed a tri-fold brochure to selectively hand out to personal observation prospects. I also have it as a one-page flat to attach to emails.

I use brochure paper and print them myself on an HP 8600 inkjet. I'm constantly tinkering with it, so I only print them as needed. I'm sure a graphic designer could improve it, but it serves my purpose. See attached.

Well, the front side looks good, anyway. :D

Before I found my way into the insurance profession in 1980, I was a commercial photographer and graphic artist. These acquired skills have never been lost, and I continue to use them to design and print my own brochures, to design book covers, menus, and all sorts of flyers for others. If you'd like some help, just let me know.

Larry T . . . your brochure would really benefit from some professional design help. There are far better things you could do than assault your audience with a ton of white space. Not to mention the guillotine job on the two gentlemen in the lower right corner of the inside fold. Ugh!

Before I found my way into the insurance profession in 1980, I was a commercial photographer and graphic artist. These acquired skills have never been lost, and I continue to use them to design and print my own brochures, to design book covers, menus, and all sorts of flyers for others. If you'd like some help, just let me know.

Larry T . . . your brochure would really benefit from some professional design help. There are far better things you could do than assault your audience with a ton of white space. Not to mention the guillotine job on the two gentlemen in the lower right corner of the inside fold. Ugh!

Max, I'm not a mind reader, but the vibe I get from your post is rude and unhelpful. You mention an assault of white space yet when I go to your website it's a screen full of white with a little brown square in the middle. Ugh!

Back