DI for a Dr.

I am came accross a OBGYN that wants me to write DI & Life. While I can handle the life easily, I have only sold small DI policies (hair dressers mainly).

Is there a particualarly good DI market that will allow for 20k+ a month in DI. The client makes over 1M a year, but wants around 20k.

50 year old male in good health. State of TN.

Thanks in advance.

Guardian will only go up to $16k/mo. You can supplement that with more coverage from another company. The bigger question is what kind of health is the person in at age 50? DI underwriting is much tougher than life insurance.

If you want me to do all of the work and split the commission with you 50/50, send me a PM. Nice case if you can get it done.

Will someone go higher?

Yes, or he could supplement. Guardian caps on its own at $16k, but will participate up to $20k with other coverage.

Most of the major di carriers would be willing to participate up to this amount mixed with Guardian (i.e. Met Life, Principal, The Standard, etc.).

You're saying that the morbidity factors are different than the mortality factors, yes?

Yes, client is much more likely to become disabled than to die, so they will underwrite much more carefully. This is true in all cases.

Thx for the replies. We have a meeting this week and we are going to review his current polices and complete the apps.

Claims he is paying 10k a month between life and di.

I just saved him 2k on his personal insurance and looking at saving him the commercial insurance on the doctors office as well. If all pans out would be a good pay day.

Back