Dialing for dollars

The guy you’re lying to now was also on the call.

You may not even know that FEX had SL.

No one was writing it so SL cut commissions. Then FEX dumped SL.

JD, you're referring to a Fri call a couple of years ago right? Platinum rates came on the scene couple of months ago, they did not even exist couple of years ago for the call you're referring to.

Maybe one or more of the rate quoters now have the Platinum rates?

Even if the rates were what you said, which they don't seem to be (If the owner says smokers get standard, i will defer to that until I see an app that says otherwise), I just think it is bonkers to defer money out that far. I totally understand the companies perspective, but I can't imagine that being a good idea for the agent.

It is just weird to pitch it as "hey you can get 120% instead of 90%" when in reality persistency between now and year 6 will most likely bring you below 90% overall.

JD is reporting info a couple of years old, when Platinum was not around. As far as deferring money out I agree. I like the money in my hand now, where I can at least stick it in some kind of investment, rather than receiving it later.

The owner of SL was on our Friday call and said smokers could only get standard at best.

So, who to believe? The owner of SL or his pimp?

You're referring to a call a couple of years ago before the Platinum rates were available. The tobacco rates for Platinum are what I quoted earlier in Newby's question.

You like to mince words and make it sound like you're talking about last Fri's call, not a call a couple of years ago. Do you mince your words like this to your clients when you're coaxing them into cashing in their policy and taking out a new policy with you?

The guy you’re lying to now was also on the call.

You may not even know that FEX had SL.

No one was writing it so SL cut commissions. Then FEX dumped SL.

Yea I know that. Newby didn't like the rates for tobacco on the standard, he had misread something? I bet he now loves the tobacco rates on this new Platinum plan.

Then please share an app/underwriting guide so we can see how strict the underwriting is. I can find an app for every other SL plan except this one.

The prescribed meds and the conditions they treat is part of the equation, not just yes and no questions on the application. Hopping off the forum for now to get back to work.

The prescribed meds and the conditions they treat is part of the equation, not just yes and no questions on the application. Hopping off the forum for now to get back to work.

I asked if you could provide an app/underwriting guide to see how restrictive the underwriting is, since part of the issue is whether this plan would even be applicable to many clients (leaving out the lower commission setup).

You just described literally every product on the market. They all ask yes/no questions, and medications matter also.

That leads me to believe it is much more restrictive than you are leading on, which I suspected all along.

And there we go. You just described literally every product on the market. They all ask yes/no questions, and medications matter also.

That leads me to believe it is much more restrictive than you are leading on, which I suspected all along.

Nope you're wrong. The Platinum Plan, for some reason, has more liberal underwriting than the Super-Preferred. When I get time later I'll try to post a Platinum app's health questions.

Nope you're wrong. The Platinum Plan, for some reason, has more liberal underwriting than the Super-Preferred. When I get time later I'll try to post a Platinum app's health questions.
Perfect, I look forward to that. Please also include the rate sheet from the agent guide since it doesn't seem to be pulling up on many quote engines.

Sounds a little too good to be true. Looking forward to seeing proof.

Either way, KSKJ beats these rates.

Back