Direct Billing Question

The bolded was the main reason why I was asking about how others were doing it. I usually don't ask until I've already quoted & they pick what they can afford. Main reason is b/c our IMO pushes 5-Star as the "go-to" carrier b/c of the relationship they have with them...which we all know allows them to do direct billing. So I've never thought twice about it. But I've had surprising declines & graded issues with them in this past week where I had to switch to another carrier who wouldn't allow them to do direct billing. I usually can talk them into allowing the draft most of the time but like I said...some eggs you can't crack. You are right, it's really not a big deal or that it happens so often but if it's something I can add in the beginning...I'd rather work that out & see if they can be persuaded earlier on. Because everybody won't qualify for 5-Star and that's all I have on the DB/DE end.

5 Star only allows direct bill by a check. Not a money order.

Ever since the government stopped mailing checks... I personally have not come across one prospect that did not have either a bank account or direct express card.

Come work for a week in Ga, ill even tag along to watch you shake your head in disbelief lol

----------

And another lamb unknowingly wanders into the meat market...

:twitchy:

Meatgrinder meatgrinder jeesh get it right lol

----------

I understand that completely.....BUT there is no point in me having to know that in the first 2 minutes as opposed to 5-6 minutes... Most presentations only take 10 minutes or so. It is not like you are wasting a ton of time for me to go over everything and then ask for a voided check and you say NO.

But sometimes asking for it first can scare the client away thinking it is a type of scam. Showing them what they qualify for and explaining it to them might make them allow it to draft even if initially they wouldn't have...

Also most of the people that send DM cards in know the system. This is not their first rodeo usually. So I have had them tell me before I get started that they are not going to have it come out of their bank accounts. Then I stop what I am doing and address that then. I either get them to commit to it or I pack up and walk.

All I am trying to say is that it is not that big of a deal. I could understand if you are in a house for 2 hours on average for a presentation and then find out the bad news. But I also believe if it is happening a lot it is on the AGENT. Back in the day it was tough and a lot of people didn't have accounts and a lot that did wouldn't let it draft. I find now that more people are actually asking me if they can just have it setup to come out of their account because that is easier. That used to never happen!

Lol not if you know how to properly insert it within the presentation, it flows very smoothly, hell most of the time they dont even realize all the informatiom i just extracted out of them, again i think its of the utmost importance to find out what "quality" of prospect you are sitting actoss from in the beginning. Oh yea it helps persistency too.

----------

By the way, who really cares, ill help the lady if i can, its gonna take 5 mins on the phone, no biggie.

I ask them during the Pre-Qualification stage of my presentation.

At this point, I ask them flat out what kind of account they have, and that the only way to bill them is monthly.

No more weasel words for me like I used to do. I'm not belligerent about it; just direct and professional. They either trust me at this point or don't, and will either bank draft or not. If they are on the fence, I can typically convince them to come off it. If I can't, then I can't.

If they show me signs of being a responsible monthly direct bill client, and obviously abhor bank drafts, then I may consider doing a direct bill with another carrier.

I ask them during the Pre-Qualification stage of my presentation.

At this point, I ask them flat out what kind of account they have, and that the only way to bill them is monthly.

No more weasel words for me like I used to do. I'm not belligerent about it; just direct and professional. They either trust me at this point or don't, and will either bank draft or not. If they are on the fence, I can typically convince them to come off it. If I can't, then I can't.

If they show me signs of being a responsible monthly direct bill client, and obviously abhor bank drafts, then I may consider doing a direct bill with another carrier.

Mail me some business cards, if i run across any direct billers ill have them call you lol

I find out immediately, even before the health questions:

Me: Are you working still, or retired?
Them: I'm just on SS.
Me: Do you receive that on the green Direct Express Card that SS issues?
Them: No, they just put it straight into my checking account on the 3rd of every month.

I find out immediately, even before the health questions:

Me: Are you working still, or retired?
Them: I'm just on SS.
Me: Do you receive that on the green Direct Express Card that SS issues?
Them: No, they just put it straight into my checking account on the 3rd of every month.

Bingo!! For me, and i dont know squat lol this is the way to move it along all the while giving them a chance to back out, if they wont answer those simple questions on payment type and where it goes what makes any agent think they are gonna move forward at the end? I say cut your losses and move on, thats why i do it right up front.

Come work for a week in Ga, ill even tag along to watch you shake your head in disbelief lol

----------

Meatgrinder meatgrinder jeesh get it right lol

----------

Lol not if you know how to properly insert it within the presentation, it flows very smoothly, hell most of the time they dont even realize all the informatiom i just extracted out of them, again i think its of the utmost importance to find out what "quality" of prospect you are sitting actoss from in the beginning. Oh yea it helps persistency too.

----------

By the way, who really cares, ill help the lady if i can, its gonna take 5 mins on the phone, no biggie.

Even in Ga they have accounts. But you don't want Travis down there. He would have most of the FE agents down there for lunch.:yes:

Back