Direct Mail leads are TERRIBLE in the Baton Rouge area

Are you 100% tv leads? What other forms of leads call you? How will the millions a yr cutting the cable cord affect your business going forward? Telesales with a vendor like you is fine for a job but its not a long lasting career . Your agents have to hustle yr in and yr out as there's little renewals .The beauty of a career in insurance if you make it are the residuals . Of course you already know this as thats what your business model is built on. Reaping the massive 10% your making in overides on the back end.You could shut down today and have a great income for the next 10 yrs.

Are you 100% tv leads? What other forms of leads call you? How will the millions a yr cutting the cable cord affect your business going forward? Telesales with a vendor like you is fine for a job but its not a long lasting career . Your agents have to hustle yr in and yr out as there's little renewals .The beauty of a career in insurance if you make it are the residuals . Of course you already know this as thats what your business model is built on. Reaping the massive 10% your making in overides on the back end.You could shut down today and have a great income for the next 10 yrs.

My agents get paid directly from the carrier and DO get renewals. 100% commission and no hours rate, certainly not a job.

I would go so far to say that most NS agents net more income than an Indy agent.

Also inbound does not ONLY mean TV. There are dozens of ways to drive inbounds.

100% commission rate with AA and no lead cost? Whats the highest commission rate an agent can make with you and no lead cost? Yes i understand the agent gets paid by the carrier direct but i'm willing to bet with free leads your avg agent makes less than 50% commish to 70% max which correlates to a renewals of 2-3% . Your probably at a 155-160% contract with 12-14% renewals. Yes they might make more than many indy's as most fail out but for a career you must have the back end which your gig doesn't provide.

100% commission rate with AA and no lead cost? Whats the highest commission rate an agent can make with you and no lead cost? Yes i understand the agent gets paid by the carrier direct but i'm willing to bet with free leads your avg agent makes less than 50% commish to 70% max which correlates to a renewals of 2-3% . Your probably at a 155-160% contract with 12-14% renewals. Yes they might make more than many indy's as most fail out but for a career you must have the back end which your gig doesn't provide.

You made me chuckle.

Anytime someone is more concerned about what their upline is making than what they are making it lets me know they are focused on the wrong thing.

The ONLY thing that matters is deposits in YOU bank account.

Thats a typical bs answer from a marketer that overides. If i'm doing 300k of premium and your paying me 70% with no lead cost and i know your at 160% and scalping 80% of my renewals i know i can push you to 100% and your still making $180k a yr on me minus maybe $60k of lead cost. But your also making $15k a yr min on the backend. So i am focusing on what i make but knowing how much your making gives me ammo to make a lot more for myself. Of course you love agents to be blind.

Last edited:
Thats a typical bs answer from a marketer that overides. If i'm doing 300k of premium and your paying me 70% with no lead cost and i know your at 160% and scalping 80% of my renewals i know i can push you to 100% and your still making $180k a yr on me minus maybe $60k of lead cost. But your also making $15k a yr min on the backend. So i am focusing on what i make but knowing how much your making gives me ammo to make a lot more for myself. Of course you love agents to be blind.

So which union did you retire from before you jumped into insurance?

In my experience recruiting, I'd argue a large swath of licensed agents perform better with lower contracts, free leads, and closely being closely managed for performance, than with a straight top contract and responsibility to buy leads on their own.

Many who do well in a well-structured environment like this perform poorly totally independent and fully responsible for the nuances of their business.

Joey and the rest of you who have succeeded as independent agents are in the minority and should be applauded. Most cannot do what you've done.

In my experience recruiting, I'd argue a large swath of licensed agents perform better with lower contracts, free leads, and closely being closely managed for performance, than with a straight top contract and responsibility to buy leads on their own.

Many who do well in a well-structured environment like this perform poorly totally independent and fully responsible for the nuances of their business.

Joey and the rest of you who have succeeded as independent agents are in the minority and should be applauded. Most cannot do what you've done.

This has totally been my experience.

Agents who make it 100% independent are work horses, and are the real unicorns in the industry, and they aren’t looking for reduced comp situations.

Employee minions with no benefits or job security. They would be better off with a real J O B with benefits, pension and maybe a union. IMohsoHO

Day 1 on this website I have said this and was told I was an *** by multiple people on here. Sort of funny the transition of mentality of folks.

Back