Direct Mail leads are TERRIBLE in the Baton Rouge area

Day 1 on this website I have said this and was told I was an *** by multiple people on here. Sort of funny the transition of mentality of folks.

There's probably 10%, maybe 20%, that are bad fits with these organizations that are more entrepreneurial and would fare better running their own insurance business through an independent channel.

There's probably 10%, maybe 20%, that are bad fits with these organizations that are more entrepreneurial and would fare better running their own insurance business through an independent channel.

Just wondering. Dave, do you have team of agents that you provide free leads to?

That would be immoral

Shoot the problem, as I see it, to run the local hand holding/lower comp/free lead model is all the hand holding.

It really does necessitate a local office doesn’t it? Then you’re hiring employees rather than 1099 self contractors.

But trash the Equis/NAA/Symmetry’s all you want, but they seem to do a ton of production at lower comp and having folks pay for leads. But they usually start new peeps off on free leads that are recycled.

Usually the best recruiters build huge agencies and perpetuate the cycle. The bad recruiters but good producers move on.

They also seem to do a good job of bringing in unlicensed agents. They don’t know what they don’t know and it makes it easier to pull the wool over their eyes.

Other problem is debt rollup. Poor guys joining those groups have no idea how that works. And the guys at the top don’t care, there’s plenty of folks in the middle to absorb most of the hits.

Seems like there has to be a middle ground right? But unless you’re willing to resell leads or run tight local shops, maybe there isn’t.

Shoot the problem, as I see it, to run the local hand holding/lower comp/free lead model is all the hand holding.

It really does necessitate a local office doesn’t it? Then you’re hiring employees rather than 1099 self contractors.

But trash the Equis/NAA/Symmetry’s all you want, but they seem to do a ton of production at lower comp and having folks pay for leads. But they usually start new peeps off on free leads that are recycled.

Usually the best recruiters build huge agencies and perpetuate the cycle. The bad recruiters but good producers move on.

They also seem to do a good job of bringing in unlicensed agents. They don’t know what they don’t know and it makes it easier to pull the wool over their eyes.

Other problem is debt rollup. Poor guys joining those groups have no idea how that works. And the guys at the top don’t care, there’s plenty of folks in the middle to absorb most of the hits.

Seems like there has to be a middle ground right? But unless you’re willing to resell leads or run tight local shops, maybe there isn’t.
Bingo!

Last edited:
Just wondering. Dave, do you have team of agents that you provide free leads to?

No, I don't want the responsibility that you have or Josh describes. Hats off to you and those who do it.

My agent market is entrepreneurial-type agents who don't fit in the traditional type of insurance agency described. Experienced or new is fine with me.

No, I don't want the responsibility that you have or Josh describes. Hats off to you and those who do it.

My agent market is entrepreneurial-type agents who don't fit in the traditional type of insurance agency described. Experienced or new is fine with me.

Thanks for your honesty.

Fair to say the low comp recruit first IMO’s out produce the “street comp and above” places.

Fair to say the low comp recruit first IMO’s out produce the “street comp and above” places.

Not just fair to say, it’s a fact. I’ve spoken to a few of our core carriers and less than 5% of their production is done at street level or higher.

That means 95% of these agent chasing the highest commissions don’t produce squat.

Back