Direct Mail leads are TERRIBLE in the Baton Rouge area

Will S

Expert
I've been selling final expense since June and I don't know if I'm the exception or if the Baton Rouge area is just an utter failure at the direct mail model but just about 98% of my direct mail leads in this area have been a waste of money. I have much better success with Facebook leads.

I'm selling now for Digital Senior Benefits and work only Facebook leads and those are just so much easier to work and deal with. Almost all the direct mail leads I've received from Baton Rouge are rude, rough, and they swear they didn't send it in. Complete waste of time and tons of money!

Anyone else from this area have the same issues with direct mail leads?

I'm telesales now but used to be face to face. DM sucks face to face and telesales. You have to be a miracle worker to have greater than a 2% success rate on DM in this area.

I found it to be the same here in the FL panhandle. Got plenty of DM leads, but they were full of excuses. Switched to FB and get a fresh lead in hours who rarely say they didn't do it. Most know why I am there and my ROI has increased. The only problem I have is that the minimum order is 20 leads witn most vendors and I only work FE 2 days all day and here you can't see 20 in 2 days door knocking so some of the leads get old. Would really like to be able to buy 15.

I fully believe this kind of stuff is all in your head. If you feel like you will be more successful on Facebook leads buy more Facebook leads. But if you think direct mail sucks I guarantee you it will.
But I promise you that somebody with an expected attitude and a positive mindset will make plenty of money on direct mail in an area you think is impossible.

I am on the downhill side of my career. All I am striving to do is maintain my renewal base and with SS I should be able to slow down. That's why I am only chasing these leads 2 days a week.

I fully believe this kind of stuff is all in your head. If you feel like you will be more successful on Facebook leads buy more Facebook leads. But if you think direct mail sucks I guarantee you it will.
But I promise you that somebody with an expected attitude and a positive mindset will make plenty of money on direct mail in an area you think is impossible.
You’re more than welcome to come to the BR area and prove me wrong.

Direct mail in the Baton Rouge area DOES. NOT. WORK.

Facebook is 100% better here.

JD aand others always said the same thing to me and I invited them all down my to give it a try. No takers. I am having more success with FB, but who knows how long it will last

Back