Direct Mail Leads W/out Contact Info

Revit750

I was curious what others do for direct mail lead cards that come back without the prospect writing in their phone # or email. Does anyone have a strategy they've used to still get something going with the lead?

I was curious what others do for direct mail lead cards that come back without the prospect writing in their phone # or email. Does anyone have a strategy they've used to still get something going with the lead?

If there is a physical address you knock it. If it's just a P. O. Box you pitch it in the round file. But that's a freebe if you pay per lead. And if you pay per 1,000 you got one less lead than you thought you did.

If there is a physical address you knock it. If it's just a P. O. Box you pitch it in the round file. But that's a freebe if you pay per lead. And if you pay per 1,000 you got one less lead than you thought you did.

If it is a small rural post office, the postmaster might be willing to tell you where they live. Back in the day, almost all post offices would help you but not anymore.. :no:

If it is a small rural post office, the postmaster might be willing to tell you where they live. Back in the day, almost all post offices would help you but not anymore.. :no:

Ahhhh, the good old days. Yep, I remember asking directions to people that lived out in the boonies, and they'd give you great directions at the Post Office. Now, I'm not sure all the people they hire can even read.

Also, if they live in a small town where everybody has a P.O. Box, they might have their street address listed in the phone book. I've got lot's of clients that have a street address and a mailing address that's a P.O. Box.

Seems like a lot of stalking to try and make a sale. I couldn't get a lead like that in the garbage fast enough.

I think I would mail to them again. I'd create a mail merge letter in Word with a different pitch for the same product. Or I'd send a handwritten note. I would throw a business card, a rack card or a brochure in the envelope.

You could also have postcards printed up to use for this situation.

Yep, I hear you...takes about 2 minutes. Who's got that kind of time?:)

Going to the post office to track down an address and then door knocking takes more than 2 minutes in my area. I don't live in small town USA, so I suppose that makes a huge difference.

I also use pre made letters for things like this.

Anyway, everyone carry on. I'm going to go back to watching as a visitor so I don't create any unnecessary arguments! ;)

Back