Disability Income Policy

dbracknell

I have a client who has been disabled in the past due to a motorcycle accident, He was cleared with no limitations in Nov. 2012. He is a maintenance worker in Tennessee. Is there a company out there that will take this client on? He wants to make sure his bills are paid in the event of another disability. He would need $1000/month to cover the bills. We have tried Assurity Term life with a disability income rider, he was approved in the "Select NT" class for life but turned down for the disability. Any suggestions? :1err:

I have a client who has been disabled in the past due to a motorcycle accident, He was cleared with no limitations in Nov. 2012. He is a maintenance worker in Tennessee. Is there a company out there that will take this client on? He wants to make sure his bills are paid in the event of another disability. He would need $1000/month to cover the bills. We have tried Assurity Term life with a disability income rider, he was approved in the "Select NT" class for life but turned down for the disability. Any suggestions? :1err:

The occupation combined with the medical history is going to be an extremely tough sell to any UW. I highly doubt he is insurable for DI.

Talk to DIS. They have good DI underwriters who can pre-screen the case.

Doubtful....manual labor and a previous disability claim is probably going to get him declined by everyone. Fidelity Security or Illinois Mutual might take it if you're lucky.

Back