Disability Insurance for Hands

Coverholders - Lloyd's - The world

I had no idea how they are listed, however, apparently, they are listed under their original name, Hanleigh. As I said, originally they were privately held, then sold to Bisys, then Crump, and as many know, Crump was sold to BB&T. In addition, aside from being listed as a "coverholder" in the above directory, I can only speak to my experience -- on cases I have done through them -- they have always been able to bind coverage.

----------

Interesting last couple of responses. If you know our company so well then you should know:

1) Our name is Petersen not Peterson

2) As a Lloyd's COVERHOLDER we hold power of the pen. If you are using a CORRESPONDENT, then you are using someone with very little, if any, authority from Underwriters at Lloyd's.

3) Issues in New York that we require that Crump does not? Do you mean the REGULATORY requirements? How do we know the regulations in New York so well?? We wrote them! If you are missing or omitting this step, or encouraging others to do so, be careful as the NY DOI looks at this closely.

4) It is true there are other access points into the Lloyd's market. Many of the top brokerage outlets can help as well as other Coverholders or even Correspondents.

Bottom line, work with people you trust!

Thanks -- I do, very often, mistakingly, use the word correspondent instead of coverholder (force of habit when dealing with clients). I agree, working directly with a coverholder, whether it was Hanleigh, your firm, or any of the few others I've worked with -- at least as far as my practice and business -- has always been a major advantage.

And, as I said in my previous posts -- I completely agree with you -- work with someone you trust.

Last edited:
Back