DM VsTM

Do you write FU a lot or just to "best a price "?

I write quite a bit of fu. Always have. And not just to beat a price. If I'm with a person healthy enough for fu then I offer fu even if they don't have insurance now and there's nothing to beat.

----------

You would be here in my area after a year....

----------

18 years in the business and I my hairs starting to fall out...some beach!

I use to take any appt I could.. I been doing this so long I can tell if a client is a lapse waiting to happen just over the phone...

I gather as much info as I can before I hit the pavement.. makes me better prepared.. I have found most of the people I talk to (when I do reach them) seem to have no problem giving up the information...

I made 20 calls last night... contacted 11 of them gave 3 of them the Heisman(lapse waiting clients, no job, no bnk etc)... and set 8 for this week... 4 today and 4 tomorrow... Outta those 4 today I sold everyone of my appts...5 policies.. batted 100... 4100 AP

Started at 11:30 and was done by 3pm

Before I even get there, I know where, and with whom I'm gonna place that client- and I also know I'm walking out with a signature and a check-

Yeah, I could probably write another 4 apps a week... but there be truth on your doorstep when I tell you you'll be lucky to get their 1st pmt to go through, much less 9 months-

No, I would not. Your area is no more staturatrd than mine and the people are not different either.

It took me a long time to learn to not talk too much on the phone and get too much information. As it does most new agents.

I would not go back to that.

That does seem to be the hardest thing to track agents about setting apppintments, don't do any qualifying.

If you are going to do all that qualifying then just sell by phone. Don't make appointments.

But if your goal is to meet face to face then qualifying on the phone has to be something to not do.

The more you tell, the less you sell.

lol gotta love it! You can't say I didn't call a spade a spade! You and I are just alike except for a few little things. I probably owe more on my house than you do and I only owe about 25 % LTV. Not sitting all that bad but could be better. I am 61 and 3/4's and thinking about retiring. If I shuffled things around and sold a house I could do it. But I figure I am young enough to work another 2 to 5 years and be able to keep everything I have.

In the car business they called me "the fastest broom in the west". I had no time for tire kickers! I have just a little time left now and need to make hay when the sun shines, which is far less here in MI than in your neck of the woods.

I'd like to see you again in Monaco. Never been there but I think it's just south of Atlanta? I could possibly drove there to save some money.

You would be here in my area after a year....

----------

18 years in the business and I my hairs starting to fall out...some beach!

I use to take any appt I could.. I been doing this so long I can tell if a client is a lapse waiting to happen just over the phone...

I gather as much info as I can before I hit the pavement.. makes me better prepared.. I have found most of the people I talk to (when I do reach them) seem to have no problem giving up the information...

I made 20 calls last night... contacted 11 of them gave 3 of them the Heisman(lapse waiting clients, no job, no bnk etc)... and set 8 for this week... 4 today and 4 tomorrow... Outta those 4 today I sold everyone of my appts...5 policies.. batted 100... 4100 AP

Started at 11:30 and was done by 3pm

Before I even get there, I know where, and with whom I'm gonna place that client- and I also know I'm walking out with a signature and a check-

Yeah, I could probably write another 4 apps a week... but there be truth on your doorstep when I tell you you'll be lucky to get their 1st pmt to go through, much less 9 months-

That's a lot of experience under your belt, thanks for the input.

I write quite a bit of fu. Always have. And not just to beat a price. If I'm with a person healthy enough for fu then I offer fu even if they don't have insurance now and there's nothing to beat.

----------

No, I would not. Your area is no more staturatrd than mine and the people are not different either.

It took me a long time to learn to not talk too much on the phone and get too much information. As it does most new agents.

I would not go back to that.

That does seem to be the hardest thing to track agents about setting apppintments, don't do any qualifying.

If you are going to do all that qualifying then just sell by phone. Don't make appointments.

But if your goal is to meet face to face then qualifying on the phone has to be something to not do.

The more you tell, the less you sell.

You can spin your wheels all you want and waste your time.. it's not mine... I have found in the last year doing this my writing has been as consistant or even better than just no questions asked and setting appts... You come to florida in the summer time and sit in a single wide with no A/C running through a presentation only to find the client has no job, no bank acct and cant even afford $20 a month, you'd have spent 30 minutes and come out smelling like piss and ass-

Let's not try and pretend your DM returns in your state are as bad as Florida...Florida is the worst state in the Union to pull leads and work Final Expense.. in order to even get 20 leads a week you gotta drop your age range down to 50.. what happens?

You get a handful of 53 year old Elmers living with momma waiting to get approved for Social security with no job... If I can't sell them, trust me you couldn't

Come down one summer and I'll save those leads you say I should just go by and see... I'll even pay you $100 for every app you sign...and I'l give you the frekin leads for free.. Down here in Florida? There's no other state in the Union that has to work harder to make a sale...

You can spin your wheels all you want and waste your time.. it's not mine... I have found in the last year doing this my writing has been as consistant or even better than just no questions asked and setting appts... You come to florida in the summer time and sit in a single wide with no A/C running through a presentation only to find the client has no job, no bank acct and cant even afford $20 a month, you'd have spent 30 minutes and come out smelling like piss and ass-

Let's not try and pretend your DM returns in your state are as bad as Florida...Florida is the worst state in the Union to pull leads and work Final Expense.. in order to even get 20 leads a week you gotta drop your age range down to 50.. what happens?

You get a handful of 53 year old Elmers living with momma waiting to get approved for Social security with no job... If I can't sell them, trust me you couldn't

Come down one summer and I'll save those leads you say I should just go by and see... I'll even pay you $100 for every app you sign...and I'l give you the frekin leads for free.. Down here in Florida? There's no other state in the Union that has to work harder to make a sale...

It is your time and money you are wasting.

And returns have nothing to do with it. Except if you have less leads you shouldn't be talking yourself out of appointments.

I get it that you are at a point where you don't care about wasting leads.

As for whether I would sell people you can't,!we'll never know.

But you sure seem to be waking from business.

I'd like to see you again in Monaco. Never been there but I think it's just south of Atlanta? I could possibly drove there to save some money.

I'll be there this time... Had some personal issues this year, bought a new home had some minor health issues but nothing major... Having a 10 year old son and having to play Mr. Mom while my wife does her TV shows made it hard to get out in the field.. 2018 is going to be a good year for selling....

I think were fly to London, hang out there for a couple days and take the Eurotrain to Paris for a day then make the 2 hour flight to Monaco...

----------

And returns have nothing to do with it. .

Got damn you're dumb

I'll be there this time... Had some personal issues this year, bought a new home had some minor health issues but nothing major... Having a 10 year old son and having to play Mr. Mom while my wife does her TV shows made it hard to get out in the field.. 2018 is going to be a good year for selling....

I think were fly to London, hang out there for a couple days and take the Eurotrain to Paris for a day then make the 2 hour flight to Monaco...

----------

Got damn you're dumb

Really?? That's where you take this now?

So please explain to me how returns affect how much you say on the phone. That's gotta be an interesting tale.

Every single top producer in the country that sets appointments tells you to not qualify on the phone. Except you. Then you go on a personal attack once questioned on it.

That's rich!!

Really?? That's where you take this now?

So please explain to me how returns affect how much you say on the phone. That's gotta be an interesting tale.

Every single top producer in the country that sets appointments tells you to not qualify on the phone. Except you. Then you go on a personal attack once questioned on it.

That's rich!!

Everybody that's been in this business long enough knows that the 60-69 range are the gold leads in any count.. why? because most of those people are retiring and have lost their coverage from work or have SS and drawing an income...

So let me get the crayons out and draw you a picture so you understand that in Florida in order to get the same "RETURN" that most states get you have to lower your age group to 50... and what do you get from a 52 year old? dogsh*t.. that's what.. he's to young to qualify for SS and is usually just out of a 20 year sentence in prison living with his mom...

Submitted apps per lead count don't mean crap in this business... what matters is business that stays on the books-

Give me the guy that writes 2500 a week in AP vs a guy that writes 3500 a week and has 30% of his apps lapse in 3 months

I have been successful in my appt settings, I have a system that has saved me a lot of time and has generated as much or more quality clients as just "setting the appointment"... but you are not the law... I know it's incredibly frustrating to you...

Nobody cares what you do.. nobody on this forum bows to you.. you are not the law... you go on and do what you do.. and instead of highjacking every thread to flex your final expense muscles.. know this to be true...

You are not the only agent in Final Expense...

I just looked at Lafayette FU and the premiums are about the same as SIWL. Assurity is the same. What company offers FU with a lower rate?

TPAAgent what part of Florida are you located? I agree with everything you posted. An agent who has never worked leads in this state doesn't know what they are talking about.

I have been advised to buy an age filter to weed out all of those under age 60. 360 doesn't offer such a filter in Florida because they know it will make a big difference in returns so we have to work them. I sell very few.

Last edited:
Back