DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

Now Senior Market Advisors is having a webinar on Friday about this- you would think these big FMO's would have the resources to vet out the legality before offering it to their agents

Of course it is meant for the younger generation. Knowing a certain type of cancer runs in the family will be detected early before mutating to stage 4.

From your experience doctors speculate. I don't know what that doctor thinks when you talk to him 9 years later.

I hope ("illegal cancer screening") will one day produce the relevant results to help cancer patients detect cancer early on before mutating.

I rest my case.

I asked my question above to try to get you to think just a bit about what you are saying.

In addition to my own opinion that the actions described in the thread are a blatant misuse of Medicare funds, I have to agree with rousemark in regard to the utility of genetic testing in many cases.

My cancer experience is pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum from his. In relation to his surgical experience, I had a relatively simple organ removal. the organ contained a completely encapsulated tumor. I did not need any followup chemo or radiation.

While my type of cancer also kills, my own case of cancer was detected as the result of a series of inexpensive annual tests plus the use of statistics. The tests are a generally accepted US medical practice for a male over a certain age. I don't think a genetic test adds much to knowing one's risk of this cancer.

In addition, I would like you to consider the effects of emotion in regard to illness. So one takes a genetic test and it is determined they may have a genetic weakness for a certain type of cancer. For some of us, every time we subsequently get a pain in that part of the body, the fear that the pain "is the big one coming on" strikes. The test which you see as helping someone then actually reduces the person's overall quality of life and may create a self fulfilling prophecy of illness.

This bulletin went out today warning agents against conducting the tests.

For those trying to justify conducting the tests as agents, please stop. Leave the medical testing to the actual doctors. Also remember, regarding compensation, not all business is good business.

Attachments

• D31493C9-9A4F-4083-B0B5-33C41A87782A.png
    D31493C9-9A4F-4083-B0B5-33C41A87782A.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 42
This bulletin went out today warning agents against conducting the tests.

For those trying to justify conducting the tests as agents, please stop. Leave the medical testing to the actual doctors. Also remember, regarding compensation, not all business is good business.

Not from an official source - but rings true.

Back