DNA cancer screening tables are a medicare scam

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this probably violates Anti-Kickback statute (42 USC 1320a-7b(b))

Whoever knowingly and willfully solicits or receives any remuneration (including any kickback, bribe, or rebate) directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly, in cash or in kind—in return for purchasing, leasing, ordering, or arranging for or recommending purchasing, leasing, or ordering any good, facility,service, or item for which payment may be made in whole or in part under a Federal health care program, shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 or imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both.

42 U.S. Code § 1320a–7b - Criminal penalties for acts involving Federal health care programs
This is Copied and pasted as IF ALL companies are doing Fraud

This is Copied and pasted as IF ALL companies are doing Fraud
"Also, beneficiaries should never give out their Social Security, Medicare/health plan numbers or banking information to someone they do not know. " ... They keep harping on this, it will put most insurance agents out of business.. Very few of my clients knew me personally at the time I collected their personal information and their banking information...:eek:

Nebraska Officials Report Elder DNA Scam
Medicare is not supposed to pay for sequencing of randomly selected patients' chromosomes, officials warn

Nebraska Officials Report Elder DNA Scam | ThinkAdvisor

Medicare does cover DNA testing for patients with cancer, but only when the providers and patients meet Medicare DNA testing requirements, and not for the chromosomes of people picked for testing at random, officials say.

“If a non-cancer patient is brought in for genetic testing under the pretense that it would be covered by Medicare, this may be a scam and should be avoided,” officials say.

Medicare is not supposed to pay for sequencing of randomly selected patients' chromosomes, officials warn

Medicare does cover DNA testing for patients with cancer, but only when the providers and patients meet Medicare DNA testing requirements, and not for the chromosomes of people picked for testing at random, officials say.

“If a non-cancer patient is brought in for genetic testing under the pretense that it would be covered by Medicare, this may be a scam and should be avoided,” officials say.
You just beat me to it. I was just starting to look for this thread to post that. :laugh:

You just beat me to it. I was just starting to look for this thread to post that. :laugh:

The scam is STILL going on. I see ads for it, saying the beneficiairies have to have a Med Supp or a PPO (but what carriers, as they are all warning to stay away).

wonder who the "deleted member" was that liked this post?

Back