Do Agents Have to Do a Lot of Customer Service/issues?

Let's break down one of your hypothetical c/s issues, the birth control not being covered. This makes no sense to me. Off the top of my head the reason could be:

-not on formulary
-non network pharmacy
-you sold a plan without rx coverage and they think otherwise.
- rx has a deductible and they didn't know that (although I thought BC is covered at 100%)

So what was the reason for the rx not being covered, which you said was a recent c/s issue. I imagine that there is a disconnect in your presentations or fact findings that miss these things.

well, what if you're part of an agency..these customers aren't really yours right, esp if you leave the agency? if they provided the leads..that's my understanding

----------

well the customers are effing crazy..just this week..female leave many emails then threatening to cancel...then another lady has been harassing me and then threatened legal action b/c a company took money out of her account. Then another female went off on me for no reason through email, and i called her and she was nice then now she keeps emailing me...its crazy...i don't have time to sell anymore dealing with some of these kinds

----------

for the person talking about the medications- well none of those things..except maybe a non network pharmacy..who knows. The female was stupid apparently and then emailing me b/c she seemed to be trying to get my attention. She finally did and didn't respond after that. just a case of an irrational customer acting rude...what kind of people would harass a broker for no reason..do they think im their text buddy or something, email buddy or personal email buddy who they can vent to for anything regarding their plan? it's absurd rude and immature...

when i buy anything i don't go around randomly venting harassing or bothering the person who sold it to me..or emailing them constantly...this is absurd...if i buy auto insurance, im not going to sit there emailing my rep every hour about issues im having with it...ive never heard of this kind of behavior before...these rude psycho rude people act as if the agent is now their personal slave..they can't call the ins companies to get info from them..they demand it RUDELY from the agent immediately and if the agent doesnt respond immediately, i get threatened by these jerks theyre going to cancel..now its blackmail just for being an agent..really crazy..and this isnt normal or ok behavior..its just abuse....it's "i need to know my plan number", then, my plan number isnt working is this the right number?? I can't find my plan information on my policy...they took my # but it doesn't cover my medication i want to cancel now...crazy... no this is def not the job of the agent or any agent to do period...this is just stupid...either im going to stop providing any emails or just keep it strictly to a work email...

but wait, i did that. i created a new account and posted that as my account. what happened? i don't check that acct and some female was trying to get in touch with me. uhc drafted her account beforehand adn she was really mad...this kind sweet soft spoken young female and we were almost friends, and she writes me the nastiest craziest email blaming me for it all then accusing me of avoiding her...wtf...all in several hours...nope these people are NUTS...as if an agent has nothing better to do than answer THEIR calls and read THEIR emails and if someone doesn't respond right away theyre harassing us accusing us of avoiding them and threatening to cancel. I responded immediately when I saw it, of course frantic. Then i called her. she was nice on the phone and semi apologized..she totally took advantage of me..of the situation...she didnt have the nerve to ask her bank for an overdraft refund...soft spoken coward but had the nerve to sit there and harass me through email for no reason...and no it wasn't a legitimate situation where she could have been angry for a minute..no...she was just venting at me for no reason...***.. this is the kind of crap agents have to put up with? this isn't ok..

oh yeah..customers will call me in one try and if i dont answer immediately oh well..im not competent or decent enough to do a good job...and they're not happy..who do some of these narcissists think they are? again ive never heard of anything like this. When i call someone and even upset..i dont expect them to answer right away and def dont get angry if they don't...i can comprehend they're probably busy and in any case would find other means to get the situation taken care of. But these jerks, they call, no answre, they get angry then who knows what happens. Several then called the ins companies adn when i called them back they'd say rudely "well i got it taken care of!" as if ..i dont need you NOW!! I DID IT MYSELF..screw you!! so nuts...have never dealt with people like this before..

the nasty older female who threatened a lawsuit is crazy...she already was crazy and still is. its not my fault again her account was drafted and i did everything to make sure it didn't happen. not my fault an ins company was incompetent. i can get her frustration, but she willingly agreed to sign up for the plan, changed her mind, some errors occurred and now she's acting crazy..on a powertrip...i regret ever encountering her..holy crap...who would've known...she's terrorizing me and luckily not the company...i spent 4 hours trying to handle her b/c she kept saying she had an attorney on hand...nutjob...who has nothing better to do than harass an insurance company for charges they are going to refund to the b*tch..
I spent emails apologizing to her and kissing her a** because if I didn't who knows what she would have done, or may still do..she is an out of control psychopath on a powertrip and now she has a medium to harass or take it out on...

so yes apparently being an insurance agent means being harassed constantly, threatened abused belittled yelled at...by crazy demented customers who have no sense of morality or manners...that's nice to know..

Hahahahaha. You've had more "crazies in one month than I've had in 33 years. I've already told you in another thread that the problem is you.

After trying to read this long rant, I've come to the conclusion that you're a lesbian.:)

gollini..i think i asked you aka troll to get lost...youre another crazy and example of one...what is wrong with you creeps online well the rude low class ones like you. and lesbian? obviously your mother was one to have raised such a low class pile of waste like you..nothing against lesbians but, im sure a trollup psycho like u is the definite result of some bad parenting and major psych issues

i think that calm stable kind normal people attract the craziness in crazy people and all sorts of jerks..you're an example of that. you live on this forum and really have nothing nice to say or better to do than put people down...no the problem isn't me or anyone who is beign treated badly by others, the problem is them or people who are jerks like you...actually not responding here anymore b/c one low life negative creep like gollini can ruin forums for anyone...

Last edited:
gollini..i think i asked you aka troll to get lost...youre another crazy and example of one...what is wrong with you creeps online well the rude low class ones like you. and lesbian? obviously your mother was one to have raised such a low class pile of waste like you..nothing against lesbians but, im sure a trollup psycho like u is the definite result of some bad parenting and major psych issues

i think that calm stable kind normal people attract the craziness in crazy people and all sorts of jerks..you're an example of that. you live on this forum and really have nothing nice to say or better to do than put people down...no the problem isn't me or anyone who is beign treated badly by others, the problem is them or people who are jerks like you...actually not responding here anymore b/c one low life negative creep like gollini can ruin forums for anyone...

Hahaha.....funny, you don't come across as calm, stable, kind or normal. I was thinking more along the lines of flipped out lunatic. Loony...loony...loony. :)

He ruined the forum for me too. I had to get professional help to mentally recover. Thank you Jack and Jim.
Oh and you too Tom for giving me a reason to drink...:yes:

Agent 992: quit your job, NOW! Go get an assembly line job somewhere. Or at least become an actuary! You have no business being in client contact. I get that you're overwhelmed, but that's not your real problem. Your real problem, besides not being thorough in the sales process, is that you mostly don't like people. But you're shocked when they pick up on that?

Originally Posted by agent992

for the person talking about the medications- well none of those things..except maybe a non network pharmacy..who knows.

It's your JOB to know.

The female was stupid apparently and then emailing me b/c she seemed to be trying to get my attention. She finally did and didn't respond after that. just a case of an irrational customer acting rude...what kind of people would harass a broker for no reason..do they think im their text buddy or something, email buddy or personal email buddy who they can vent to for anything regarding their plan? it's absurd rude and immature...

when i buy anything i don't go around randomly venting harassing or bothering the person who sold it to me..or emailing them constantly...this is absurd...if i buy auto insurance, im not going to sit there emailing my rep every hour about issues im having with it...ive never heard of this kind of behavior before...

So... if you're having issues, you wouldn't ask your agent/broker until it was resolved?

these rude psycho rude people act as if the agent is now their personal slave..they can't call the ins companies to get info from them..they demand it RUDELY from the agent immediately and if the agent doesnt respond immediately, i get threatened by these jerks theyre going to cancel..now its blackmail just for being an agent..really crazy..and this isnt normal or ok behavior..its just abuse....it's "i need to know my plan number", then, my plan number isnt working is this the right number?? I can't find my plan information on my policy...they took my # but it doesn't cover my medication i want to cancel now...crazy... no this is def not the job of the agent or any agent to do period...this is just stupid...either im going to stop providing any emails or just keep it strictly to a work email...

but wait, i did that. i created a new account and posted that as my account. what happened? i don't check that acct and some female was trying to get in touch with me. uhc drafted her account beforehand adn she was really mad...this kind sweet soft spoken young female and we were almost friends, and she writes me the nastiest craziest email blaming me for it all then accusing me of avoiding her...wtf...all in several hours...nope these people are NUTS...as if an agent has nothing better to do than answer THEIR calls and read THEIR emails and if someone doesn't respond right away theyre harassing us accusing us of avoiding them and threatening to cancel.

You DID ignore her. If you publish an email address, it's your JOB to check it. Now you're blaming someone else for their reaction to your non-professional way of handling your email?

C'mon. Some day you've got to leave 1st grade. One of the reasons they make those desks so small is so they won't fit at age 25. You don't belong there anymore.

I responded immediately when I saw it, of course frantic. Then i called her. she was nice on the phone and semi apologized..she totally took advantage of me..of the situation...she didnt have the nerve to ask her bank for an overdraft refund...soft spoken coward but had the nerve to sit there and harass me through email for no reason...and no it wasn't a legitimate situation where she could have been angry for a minute..no...she was just venting at me for no reason...***.. this is the kind of crap agents have to put up with? this isn't ok..

Why should SHE ask HER bank to reverse a charge when she believes it was YOUR fault?

oh yeah..customers will call me in one try and if i dont answer immediately oh well..im not competent or decent enough to do a good job...and they're not happy..who do some of these narcissists think they are? again ive never heard of anything like this. When i call someone and even upset..i dont expect them to answer right away and def dont get angry if they don't...i can comprehend they're probably busy and in any case would find other means to get the situation taken care of. But these jerks, they call, no answre, they get angry then who knows what happens. Several then called the ins companies adn when i called them back they'd say rudely "well i got it taken care of!" as if ..i dont need you NOW!! I DID IT MYSELF..screw you!! so nuts...have never dealt with people like this before..

the nasty older female who threatened a lawsuit is crazy...she already was crazy and still is. its not my fault again her account was drafted and i did everything to make sure it didn't happen. not my fault an ins company was incompetent. i can get her frustration, but she willingly agreed to sign up for the plan, changed her mind, some errors occurred and now she's acting crazy..on a powertrip...i regret ever encountering her..holy crap...who would've known...she's terrorizing me and luckily not the company...i spent 4 hours trying to handle her b/c she kept saying she had an attorney on hand...nutjob...who has nothing better to do than harass an insurance company for charges they are going to refund to the b*tch..
I spent emails apologizing to her and kissing her a** because if I didn't who knows what she would have done, or may still do..she is an out of control psychopath on a powertrip and now she has a medium to harass or take it out on...

so yes apparently being an insurance agent means being harassed constantly, threatened abused belittled yelled at...by crazy demented customers who have no sense of morality or manners...that's nice to know..

You need to quit and get some real life experience dealing with people and their money. You probably also need some experience on how to draft emails properly to protect yourself and your employer.

My professional suggestion is to leave that company and get a job working for a bank. You need training to learn how to handle people and their money, if you're serious about this career long-term.

Here's the fun part about working at a local bank. To the customer, you represent every single department of the bank. Yet internally, you don't. So when someone comes in to complain about their credit card... you are practically powerless. If they're complaining about their mortgage... same thing. If they want to file a fraud claim... also not your responsibility. Yet the same customers will come in and complain and vent to you about all their problems.

You can either learn to create stronger relationships because problems happen... or you'll crush yourself under the pressure.

But right now, you're not equipped with the skills and/or the training to do the job that you're doing now.

Latest posts

Back