Do Agents Have to Do a Lot of Customer Service/issues?

It's your JOB to know.

So... if you're having issues, you wouldn't ask your agent/broker until it was resolved?

You DID ignore her. If you publish an email address, it's your JOB to check it. Now you're blaming someone else for their reaction to your non-professional way of handling your email?

C'mon. Some day you've got to leave 1st grade. One of the reasons they make those desks so small is so they won't fit at age 25. You don't belong there anymore.

Why should SHE ask HER bank to reverse a charge when she believes it was YOUR fault?

You need to quit and get some real life experience dealing with people and their money. You probably also need some experience on how to draft emails properly to protect yourself and your employer.

My professional suggestion is to leave that company and get a job working for a bank. You need training to learn how to handle people and their money, if you're serious about this career long-term.

Here's the fun part about working at a local bank. To the customer, you represent every single department of the bank. Yet internally, you don't. So when someone comes in to complain about their credit card... you are practically powerless. If they're complaining about their mortgage... same thing. If they want to file a fraud claim... also not your responsibility. Yet the same customers will come in and complain and vent to you about all their problems.

You can either learn to create stronger relationships because problems happen... or you'll crush yourself under the pressure.

But right now, you're not equipped with the skills and/or the training to do the job that you're doing now.

Seems to be an ongoing theme with many of the younger generation (and some middle aged politicians) Nothing is ever their fault. It is always the fault of the other person. Have been selling insurance for 44 years come July and have not had that many problem cases in my entire career.

gollini..i think i asked you aka troll to get lost...youre another crazy and example of one...what is wrong with you creeps online well the rude low class ones like you. and lesbian? obviously your mother was one to have raised such a low class pile of waste like you..nothing against lesbians but, im sure a trollup psycho like u is the definite result of some bad parenting and major psych issues

i think that calm stable kind normal people attract the craziness in crazy people and all sorts of jerks..you're an example of that. you live on this forum and really have nothing nice to say or better to do than put people down...no the problem isn't me or anyone who is beign treated badly by others, the problem is them or people who are jerks like you...actually not responding here anymore b/c one low life negative creep like gollini can ruin forums for anyone...

You realize you are yelling at a laughing chimp right?

----------

Seems to be an ongoing theme with many of the younger generation (and some middle aged politicians) Nothing is ever their fault. It is always the fault of the other person. Have been selling insurance for 44 years come July and have not had that many problem cases in my entire career.

The problem that people my age have is that they honestly believe they are special. Like, I mean, like, they like, literally believe it.

But can you blame them? We grew up with Barney telling us how special we were, we all won trophies, and almost all watched Harry Potter who was nothing special at all until everyone finally realized how special he was; the same with Spider Man, etc.

They said don't get a job, stay in school, go to college, get more college. We all grew up being the bright future and then wham, real world, and damn, no one is acknowledging how special we are and like feelings and stuff.

Put that on top of wage deflation going on decades now, bad job market, and student debt from the false bill of goods sold us from the older generation that said "go to school, get a degree, work will always be waiting" and Houston we got some problems.

There are a ton of other problems too. The kids rarely interacted with adults, and the adults they did interact with were usually woman. The business world is dominated by men who don't care about your feeling and don't think you are special. It is a shock for a lot of twenty somethings.

I can usually tell when an OP is under say 30-35. They demand an answer to a question and then when they don't get the answer they want they start to lecture everybody. They say things like "this is my thread" "stop posting" and call people trolls. They usually then announce what the point of the forum is and then declare that they will no longer be posting thus depriving every one of their specialness. I would also guess these kids probably were the only child and had older parents but not always.

gollini..i think i asked you aka troll to get lost...youre another crazy and example of one...what is wrong with you creeps online well the rude low class ones like you. and lesbian? obviously your mother was one to have raised such a low class pile of waste like you..nothing against lesbians but, im sure a trollup psycho like u is the definite result of some bad parenting and major psych issues

i think that calm stable kind normal people attract the craziness in crazy people and all sorts of jerks..you're an example of that. you live on this forum and really have nothing nice to say or better to do than put people down...no the problem isn't me or anyone who is beign treated badly by others, the problem is them or people who are jerks like you...actually not responding here anymore b/c one low life negative creep like gollini can ruin forums for anyone...

You seem to be attracting the crazies and from your posts it is clear they gravitate to their own kind.

Of course! Any sales position involves customer service, if you are rude or stand offish then people won't want to do business with you

----------

Perfectly stated. :yes:

Oh sh*t, you guys are killing me here! :D This thread is the funniest thing I've read all week. Thanks, I needed that.

and lesbian? obviously your mother was one to have raised such a low class pile of waste like you..nothing against lesbians but, im sure a trollup psycho like u is the definite result of some bad parenting and major psych issues

Now, now...if you're going to insult someone, at least do it accurately. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...-finds-children-lesbian-parents-may-be-better

I have been selling individual and group policies for 15 years. I have a successful agency. I and my coworkers deal with service issues all day long. It is your job to assist the client to the best of your ability.
It sounds to me like you hate being an agent. Why don't you change careers. You shouldn't be working with clients at all.

It sounds to me like he's done a very good job of selling. If you sold 100 policies in a month, the CS work would be difficult to keep up with, and continue selling, unless you were really on your game.

Most experienced agents that are actually making this a long term venture, know how to "not take a client" that seems unstable, which makes it possible to service and sell more effectively.

Every time I've tossed my better judgement aside and taken a client that I shouldn't, it's come back to cause me a lot of extra work. In the last year, I've had:

1. Wanted a policy refund after 3.5 years, back to the start date. Medicare
2. Didn't pay premium for 3 months, and wanted me to get the policy reinstated, after the carrier canceled. Complained that it was taking too long to get it done and wanted to hire a lawyer...I wanted so badly to say if you have money for a frivolous lawsuit, why didn't you pay the premium? U65
3. One recently wanted a refund for his children's portion of the policy back to the start date, 6 months ago, because they're not going to the Doctor. U65
4. One wanted me to remove tob rate up from Life Policy, her husband quit smoking a few weeks prior. This one was worse than all the others combined.

These were all equally time consuming and caused my phone to ring off the hook for status updates. With the exception of one of the clients, I knew they were going to be trouble from the first time I spoke to them, but now, I'm a little more careful about dealing with crazy shitt. They can actually cost you more than a commission, if you don't handle them right.

thanks to the nice normal people who answered a simple question with intellect and politeness, unlike the children jerks and trolls who want to insult and put others down. "crazies gravitate to their own kind" is pretty disturbing. Anyone with that mentality is crazy/rude messed up and no, nice people are not crazy. crazy people tend to abuse or mistreat those who are nice or kind which is a problem for nice people.

Many people on this forum have serious issues but what do you expect from an internet forum--full of losers who have nothing better to do than put others down for no reason---thats the sign of a serious mental and moral defect...not the poster, the jerks and bullies..

I agree with Bill, that you may have to filter out who you sell policies to knowing they may or may not be a problem. I've noticed that with clients, though its sometimes hard to know who is going to end up being a problem. So far i'd say about a small percentage are problem clients but some can be major problems concerning taking up your time and other things. I had one lady emailing me daily for details about her policy, logins, passwords, she cant understand this or that--she did it not b/c she needed the info, it's b/c she knew i was nice and she knew that she could coax me and bother me daily and I would cave into her demands...customers aren't stupid- they know that agents are sales people and many are pretty honest and good people and they can take advantage of this...if i was a jerk none of those people would dare email me knowing i'd probably retaliate in some tactful way...which i really have no idea of doing with customers whose policies being kept are a necessity...

if chargebacks didn't occur, i would take more time and feel less stressed about getting back to people but customers are so impatient weird and fickleminded that one deviation from what they thought existed causes them to cancel or change their policy. The customers are a pain in the butt though and many just end up being jerks too. For me now sales only means more issues to deal with, customers to service. People calling me on my cell phone in the morning asking stupid questions about their policy. Customers this or that..yes the CS part is too hard to deal with..

coastaligns: sounds to me like you hate being an agent, why dont you change jobs...that's scary advice coming from someone..you dont know me or how i feel or what i like or don't like and that's just really rude. nice to know there are plenty of you creeps on this forum like vultures ready to attack anyone when the pack of rejects starts..the internet low lifes never stop their pathetic lame ways

----------

for DHK's ignorant statement abotu me not being able to handle these clients or situations- most of the sales agents, can't even properly give plan information or quotes and have little customer service abilities, so that is a false and pathetic statement to make. Also a problem customer getting angry has nothing to do with me. its not my fault the ins company charged her when she was cancelled and most customers do not go nuts and threaten lawsuits over osmething like this. this woman was unstable and had issues so you need help in discerning what is happening and the situation at hand. I handle everything very well and many agetns will just take people's bank info and not even tell them what they're getting. think before you write more condescending bs garbage since u have nothing better to do with your meaningless time than be a jerk online which makes u a loser

Back