Do I Need to Make a Hard Copy of Auto Policy?

Medicare, I never said anything bad about USAA.

My point is your in the business of selling insurance as a commission based agent, and when you have the chance to help a fellow commission based agent out, you DON'T! Thats my point.

As you ignored on my posts, a GOOD agent would show you how LITTLE it costs to increase your coverage, YOU as a NON AGENT doesnt know that.

I noticed that you did NOT include Medical Payments in your policy or PIP depending on what state you are in.

Guess you didnt know or dont think that is important.

My entire point is simply, You are thumbing your nose up at P&C agents, ESPECIALLY when you are in the insurance business yourself.

Its the same as BUY AMERICAN, but you buy something made in China, hipacrit is what it is. Again, Just MY opinion, but I think it is wrong.

A few things:

One, I'm willing to bet you buy plenty foreign.

Two, I think P&C agents can be really helpful, but in my experience, most don't take the time to go over coverages. I'm basing that on my experience at Allstate and how uninformed consumers were when they came to my desk and then I quoted them more expensive coverage (after explaining it to them and raising a few limits) and they still bought from me. Apples to apples, the other carrier had better rates, but because I had informed them about it they trusted me and it worked out well for everyone. As an industry, I think P&C agents cave too easily about getting in a price war, but it sounds like you are an exception to that which is a great reason to like you.

Lastly, whether you like it or not, the 800 reps also tend to know a thing or two. I asked questions about the differences in coverages between my NY policy and my VA policy when I moved here and they were EXTREMELY helpful.

Don't companies charge more to use a P&C agent? I know progressive does. In the senior market there is no benefit in cutting the agent out because the prices are the same. For what it's worth, I still bought my progressive policy through an agent instead of direct.

If you're hurting for 77 pages of space, you might want to try emailing it to yourself or store it on amazon cloud. (both free).

Don't companies charge more to use a P&C agent? I know progressive does. In the senior market there is no benefit in cutting the agent out because the prices are the same. For what it's worth, I still bought my progressive policy through an agent instead of direct.

I have Progressive, sometimes I am cheaper, sometimes the Online is cheaper, you never know.

I like personal service. Like a banker, insurance agent, loan brokers etc. I hate 800#. :biggrin:

I like personal service. Like a banker, insurance agent, loan brokers etc. I hate 800#. :biggrin:

I go back and forth on that. One thing I do like about 800 numbers is I can always hang up and call back and in 2 or 3 tries find someone who really knows what they're doing.

Back