Do you get free trips when you are independent?

If you concentrate on one company then it's really not that hard but if you are selling 4-5 different products with 4-5 different companies then it's almost impossible

for example Baltimore life trip is to sonoma vally's wine country this year(yawn) the production to qualify is $50000 in AP that translates into roughly a $1000 AP every week with 2 weeks off. That is roughly $80-85 dollars per week in monthly premiums. Now there is more credit for preferred and less for graded I believe but the figures are fairly close. That is easily attainable if you only write final expense for Baltimore but if you are doing med. supps, final with other companies also and doing other forms of biz then that $80 becomes harder and harder to achieve. Comprede';)

It probably depends on the company. One of the supp companies I write for has an annual trip. To qualify this year you have to write 105 supps during the calendar year 2007, which is barely more than a 2 per week average.

It probably depends on the company. One of the supp companies I write for has an annual trip. To qualify this year you have to write 105 supps during the calendar year 2007, which is barely more than a 2 per week average.
that's exactly right but do you see my point, 2 apps a week should not be hard at all...unless you are also writing for 3 other companies and doing final,med.adv. plans, ltc , annuities etc. there are only so many days in a week.

that's exactly right but do you see my point, 2 apps a week should not be hard at all...unless you are also writing for 3 other companies and doing final,med.adv. plans, ltc , annuities etc. there are only so many days in a week.

I agree. With the example I gave, someone writing a lot of MA and even focusing here and there on final exp, LTC, etc. would probably have a hard time meeting that goal. And it has to be policies that are on the books at the end of the year, chargebacks and cancellations of course don't count.

No trips for me. But a lot of little things. Golden Rule has a contest that just ended this week. I think if you place 12 policies for the first quarter...you get $2500. They did the same thing last year.

They regularly give out Omaha Steak certificates and cash. About three years ago it was a new set of Ping golf clubs valued at about $1600.

Aetna throws some bones as well.

Blue Cross pays you a 50% commission bonus every quarter in cash, provided you have 100 policies on the books.

But...everything goes on a 1099. Too bad. Not like the old days.

some companies sometimes have like a gift book where you get points when you sell a product and when you build up enough you redeem for items. I have seen golf clubs, flat screens,pool tables,even a Harley

Back