Doctors 4 Truth About Obamacare

Thanks for the feedback all! What I'm hearing is that during 2016 negotiations between insurer/provider, some providers only agreed to participate in a network if they could limit exposure to higher OOP patients. Somarco, you hit the nail on the head and win 3 days at Las Vegas's Dreamworld spa!

The Catastrophic plans must be kryptonite. They're not even listed on Provider Finder.

The Catastrophic plans must be kryptonite. They're not even listed on Provider Finder.[/QUOTE]

This is almost pure speculation, but I wonder if Catastrophic plans would be less attractive due to lapse ratio rather than loss ratio, young invincibles deciding that they don't need the plan after all, or getting jobs with benefits.

Persistency is a bigger issue for the young who believe they are bullet proof.

Next on the list are the highly subsidized that never had coverage before and still don't see why they should pay for something they don't want.

The carriers in my state query specifically what plan you're on (by metal tier and everything) during the provider search.

While there are separate searches per plan, carriers have indicated it's all the same network. They often lead to the same place through separate links.

I'd advise anyone who encounters it to check with their carrier rep. Some are clearly just listing out all their plans but using a single network, while others have certain providers only available on certain tiers.

There was a good NPR (Diane Rehm) segment from a few days ago which emphasizes just how broken this system is. It's really worth a listen on the NPR website--couldn't post the link since I just joined. ACA is really gonna line the insurance company pockets and hose we the people. The bubble will soon burst, hopefully starting with election 2016. Glad I found this great forum!

There was a good NPR (Diane Rehm) segment from a few days ago which emphasizes just how ACA is really gonna line the insurance company pockets and hose we the people. The bubble will soon burst, hopefully starting with election 2016. Glad I found this great forum!

Diane Rehm was 50% right.

The ACA does more harm than good (98% harm/ 2% good).

Most insurers who derive most of their income from private health insurance aren't making any money. First of all, they have to pay out 80% of revenue in claims..which is EASY. In fact, so few earned a profit that they couldn't pay much, if anything, into the reinsurance pool. Now that inability is coming back to bite the weaker few companies that are left.

Latest posts

Back