Doctor's Office Idea

call before hours or after hours. Learn how the telephone/voice mail system works. Owners are usually extension 100 or 101. Look at the websites to find out who is who in the office.

If you have landed some accounts already, go in those with a list of prospects you want get into and have your current client tell you about those they know (maybe even call them for you). Have them write a note on their business card...."John helped us save ton, I hope he can help you..."

hope those help

Not if you've taken the time to find out their name...then your odds raise. Dramatically.

That's your input. Thanks guru, really insightful. You have quite a grasp on the obvious. Do you think I would come up with other ideas if I hadn't tried that earlier?

Like you quoted from me earlier "I had an idea that I wanted to see what people thought." Tell me where that says, "Please tell me I have a great idea."

Most gave me good advice like, maybe using cookies, maybe using bread, go here and try the truffle sampler, try another type of candy, try calling before or after hours. Those are constructive.

Your answer is quoted above. Do you see the difference? Or are you too caught up with how great you are?

There is nothing helpful about what you have posted.

That's your input. Thanks guru, really insightful. You have quite a grasp on the obvious. Do you think I would come up with other ideas if I hadn't tried that earlier?

Like you quoted from me earlier "I had an idea that I wanted to see what people thought." Tell me where that says, "Please tell me I have a great idea."

Most gave me good advice like, maybe using cookies, maybe using bread, go here and try the truffle sampler, try another type of candy, try calling before or after hours. Those are constructive.

Your answer is quoted above. Do you see the difference? Or are you too caught up with how great you are?

There is nothing helpful about what you have posted.

You don't have to like Moonlight; hell I don't like him......LOL.

Part of making it in this business is to realize that with any criticism comes a nugget of wisdom. The trick is to find the wisdon; not get your feelings hurt.

Now that I think about I don't like anyone on this venue, and for the most part none of them like me.

You will be respected for your knowledge and tenure on this venue; not personality. I hope this helps.

I refer people to Moonlight as often as possible. He is a top notch agent who does a great job for everyone I send to him. Never a complaint and always appreciate the help. He always makes me look good for the valuable help he provides. Same with Greensky, Somarco, Bob The Insurance Guy and Chumps. Great agents, all! Any time an agent out of state can make me look like a hero to my clients, it's a win-win-win. These guys always make me look good.

Look for the wisdom in advice from people of this caliber, not the criticism. It may seem like they are hammering you, but really they are trying to help you.

Moonlight actually had a few good points for phone prospecting...

"Speak about what the product does, not about the actual product...
Talk about them and about their experiences or feelings on the subject at hand, not all about what you can do for them..."

And I would agree with the fact that if you cant get them on the phone you need to work on your phone skills.
Back when I did group benefits I spoke to many office managers at doctors offices, and most all of my prospecting was over the phone.

With the M&M idea you wont have too much luck before or after hours; at least in my area most offices keep the door locked before and after hours. During work hours the best you will do is get a name from the receptionist and be told to call back. So basically you will just get kicked back to the phone again.
At least from my experience.

When prospecting doctors offices during the off hours your time is much better spent on the phone. This will be the easiest time to get the office manager or doctor on the phone since there are no patients.

And in this business you have to look for the silver lining in anything negative that comes your way.

Paul (M&M) is one of the most astute marketers on this board. I have learned quite a bit from him over the years.

Like Dave Fluker mentioned, there are quite a few folks here that have pearls of wisdom for those who are wise enough to pay attention.

Years ago I worked with a guy that had one of the smoothest delivery's of anyone I had ever been around. He was a jerk, except in front of clients.

His strong suit as a manager and trainer was an acute ability to size up people and zero in on the problem. He gave me a bit of advice that was extremely insightful. So much so that I can still recall that conversation almost 30 years later.

After role playing an interview he said my problem was that I was showing and telling, but not solving any problems. I was showing the product without talking about the benefits and how they would solve my prospects problems.

He started me on the road to developing a consultative style that is still effective. Ask questions, listen intently, take notes, then illustrate how your product will remove the pain of their problem.

No one wants a drill, they want a hole. The drill allows them to satisfy their need for a hole.

No one wants health insurance, or life insurance. What they want is to protect their assets. Insurance accomplishes that.

Take a look at what you are doing. Look at situations where you have had success and try to figure out what worked. Don't focus on sales you didn't make, look for ones that worked. Be especially judicious in evaluating client relationships that are strong, where referrals are coming freely.

What did you do differently with those folks from your other clients.

Clients give referrals. Policyholders do not.

Know the difference.

just to clarify, i wasn't saying take m&m's in before or after hours, but do your phone work before or after hours. Call the answering machine after hours, use the website to find the name of the office manager, use the phone directory to find the extension. Call during hours and ask for the extension if it's a big office or the office managers first name if it's a small one. Better yet, call right before or after hours and try the extensions. Usually the company will shut off the receptionist and you can just hit the extension. You can talk with CEO/CFOs after 6pm of before 7:30am.

Regarding the use of food, you are also competing with every drug rep when you bring food in.

Regarding the use of food, you are also competing with every drug rep when you bring food in.

Very true. And the drug reps have a lot deeper pockets (corporate credit cards) than us agents do. They bring in a fancy $100 lunch for the whole office usually. And this is after they have called and set an appointment on the phone....

Right before or right after office hours are the best times to call. No patients equals more time to talk to you.

Paul (M&M) is one of the most astute marketers on this board. I have learned quite a bit from him over the years.

Like Dave Fluker mentioned, there are quite a few folks here that have pearls of wisdom for those who are wise enough to pay attention.

Years ago I worked with a guy that had one of the smoothest delivery's of anyone I had ever been around. He was a jerk, except in front of clients.

His strong suit as a manager and trainer was an acute ability to size up people and zero in on the problem. He gave me a bit of advice that was extremely insightful. So much so that I can still recall that conversation almost 30 years later.

After role playing an interview he said my problem was that I was showing and telling, but not solving any problems. I was showing the product without talking about the benefits and how they would solve my prospects problems.

He started me on the road to developing a consultative style that is still effective. Ask questions, listen intently, take notes, then illustrate how your product will remove the pain of their problem.

No one wants a drill, they want a hole. The drill allows them to satisfy their need for a hole.

No one wants health insurance, or life insurance. What they want is to protect their assets. Insurance accomplishes that.

Take a look at what you are doing. Look at situations where you have had success and try to figure out what worked. Don't focus on sales you didn't make, look for ones that worked. Be especially judicious in evaluating client relationships that are strong, where referrals are coming freely.

What did you do differently with those folks from your other clients.

Clients give referrals. Policyholders do not.

Know the difference.

Excellent post, Bob.

With regard to russelltw's post about food and drug reps, unless you are a female who is eye candy forget it. The females that the drug companies hire are really foxes. A guy doesn't stand a chance against them.:yes:

Back