Don't Buy Leads, Please!

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
This post is going to ruffle some feathers. (the feathers of those selling the leads) Every forum I participate on, every agent I meet asks about internet leads. Every group of agents I have ever met comes to the same conclusion: they are no good. (Here come the comments, they'll be nasty I am sure)

To start, I have personally spent $15,000 on internet leads.

Internet leads are no good for 98% of the 1000's of agents I have interacted with over the course of my career (12 years). Literally 2% of the 1000's of agents I have met have been able to make them work. When I find those agents, I am amazed.

Consider:
ROI
Retention
Type of Risk.
LR vs Profit. (Bonus ability)
Conversion ratio
Cost
Ability to network without the need of Purchasing leads.
Other ways to generate leads without purchasing Internet leads. (Millions of ways.

Regards,
Shawn M. Walker
Agent consultant

This post is going to ruffle some feathers. (the feathers of those selling the leads) Every forum I participate on, every agent I meet asks about internet leads. Every group of agents I have ever met comes to the same conclusion: they are no good. (Here come the comments, they'll be nasty I am sure)

To start, I have personally spent $15,000 on internet leads.

Internet leads are no good for 98% of the 1000's of agents I have interacted with over the course of my career (12 years). Literally 2% of the 1000's of agents I have met have been able to make them work. When I find those agents, I am amazed.

Consider:
ROI
Retention
Type of Risk.
LR vs Profit. (Bonus ability)
Conversion ratio
Cost
Ability to network without the need of Purchasing leads.
Other ways to generate leads without purchasing Internet leads. (Millions of ways.

Regards,
Shawn M. Walker
Agent consultant

So what services are you trying to scam agents with? Consulting? :laugh:

No scam. Not trying to make a dollar via this site. Just interested in posting my opinions and experiences in with 1000's of agents across American for the last 12 years.

For the sake of Transparency: I work for a large aggregator in the West, but I am not here to push that. Just hear to share my experiences in the industry.

I am sorry if you find that funny or offensive. I also have a blog where I share my experiences, Agency Best Practices, and Industry articles. I make no money off of that either.

Regards,

Shawn M. Walker
Agent Consultant

Thanks for the welcome guys. "RAT" on the first day, you know how to welcome someone! Or drive them away! How about I be as transparent as possible and you enjoy my well rounded comments and honesty.

I posted a number of posts on the P&C section. You might want to mock me there as well. You'll find I am transparent about what I do professionally, prior to providing a comment. I'll enjoy your perspective and you can respect mine.

I'll enjoy bantering with you.

Regards,
Shawn M. Walker
Agent consultant.

Somewhere near 98% of new agents also fail out.

I guess people shouldn't get in insurance either.

Did you post here before under a different moniker? Something like "whatyoureallywanttoknow" about leads?

This is a serious question. We actually had someone like that.

I might suggest your title be or should've been "Don't Buy INTERNET Leads, Please!"

Right?

Then...describe for what industry? health, mortgage, mortgage ins, P&C, life, FE, med sup etc....

It's too vague hence the reason you're getting the comments. Plus they like to bust balls in this regard.

Start over.

I might suggest your title be or should've been "Don't Buy INTERNET Leads, Please!"

Right?

Then...describe for what industry? health, mortgage, mortgage ins, P&C, life, FE, med sup etc....

It's too vague hence the reason you're getting the comments. Plus they like to bust balls in this regard.

Start over.
I agree. Some people are too short sighted...;)

Back