Door to Door Cold Knocking

I am not sure if I understand Mark. 4 cents for what?

He was talking about how much would 500 names with phone numbers would cost.

5 cent each if you scrub it against the dnc list.

You can call Richard for more info. He has all type of list and data.

Richard Martinez
602-769-8852

One suggestion I can offer you from experience is offer to review their policies with them. Chances are is that some dipstick agent sold them something they had no clue about. This works because if they don't know where their policies are, you will place a burden of knowledge on them, should they need it if the unexpected happens. Ask for their name and number and set a date/time to follow up. You will be surprised. They will get to know and appreciate you for having taken the time and refer you to their family/friends. Of course, this will not happen over night, but if you consistently do this with persistence, you will be successful.

Cold calling via phone is not a waste of money, but you have to be, must, be trained properly on what to say and when, and even then its a crap shoot. If you do this, make sure they are not listed on the Do Not Call List. Although I do it, I am not a fan of this method.

Door knocking is much better. It places you in the community with people who come to know and respect you. You should block out time to do it and frequent neighborhoods at least twice a month.

I have tried it as well, spent about 4 or 5 hours before the weather turned ugly and wrote a $77 per month premium. Everyone was pretty nice as well. Maybe the appreciated the effort. The list of names I got was about .05c per name, but they mapped it out based on a postal walking route. If I had to do that myself I might have hung myself by now. I believe it could work well if done consistently, and if you have the personality for it. I have even thought about starting a team and giving them better contracts. I figure if people can be sold a security system door to door, that they don't need, this should be a no brainer.

I've always found the best door knocking results are in the subsidized housing apartment complexes, especially for final expense insurance. However, a couple tips about this; go for the patios that are decorated with windchimes, cutesy bunny rabbit statues, and have potted flowers. This usually means an elderly person lives there, and though you may not sell them a big policy because they're on a fixed income, they'll usually keep what they buy. On the other hand, stay away from apartments with broken blinders, broken grill pieces on the front porch, and cars parked in the driveway with rims worth more than the car. In other words, young people that live in subsidized housing apartments are usually not worth a damn, so stick with the senior market if you go there.

I've been thinking of cold door knocking but think I need a script. I've thought about just saying "You don't need any Life Insurance do you?"
If anyone has a good script to share I would appreciate it.

I've been thinking of cold door knocking but think I need a script. I've thought about just saying "You don't need any Life Insurance do you?"
If anyone has a good script to share I would appreciate it.

"Hi. I'm a life insurance agent. Do you have just a moment so I can introduce myself better and show you the kind of work I do for folks just like you?"

KISS, you'll develop your own in time.

When I use to knock on doors, I would say for 5 mins of your time I will give you a hot pad or a lighter. Which one do you want. By in those days most of the wifes were at home and didnt work. We would talk about if he does not come home would she be able to keep the house and I want to help her talk to him about life insurance.

OLD SCHOOL!!!

Back