Door to Door Sales

What are you saying at the door? Also, are you door knocking solely as a lead generator or just when you are in the area on an appointment?

I just tell them my name, that I'm an independent insurance agent and why I'm there. If they're turning 65, I let them know that they're going to get bombarded with phone calls and confusing mail and I'm here to get rid of the confusion for them and help them understand how Medicare and Medicare Supplements work. If they're already 65, I let them know that many of the Medicare Supplement companies have had rate increases and that I'm showing people in the area how they can save money on the exact same coverage they have now.

Something along those lines. Don't make it complicated...just get a conversation going and get in the house. Get the appointment now. Sometimes they aren't interested in a Medicare Supplement, so I pivot to Final Expense or something else.

Lead generator? On the spot lead generator maybe. This is how I work most of the time. When I get that targeted data list I telemarket the ones not on the DNC list. The 90% that are on the DNC list, I cold door knock. I rarely make an appointment for later...I make an appointment for NOW.

This isn't for everybody, especially if you're shy...but it works for me.:yes:

Does this Door to Door still works in 2017?

I started my sales career cold door knocking in several different states, selling ADT home security systems. No lists, leads, or marketing (besides the materials I carried in my binder).

For Final Expense Life Insurance - I spent most of time setting appointments or door knocking leads because I found that to be most time efficient.

Cold door knocking definitely still works even in 2017. There will always be some folks who are difficult/impossible to reach by phone.

I just recently published a guide on cold door knocking for insurance agents on my blog. Here are a few of the highlights:

- The pros vs cons of this prospecting technique
- The 3 ways agents can door knock a prospect
- Over 20 door hanger templates
- Over 20 scripts to get in the door and selling
- And 30 Tips on how to be more effective at door knocking

The Complete Guide to Door-to-Door Cold Knocking - Lead Heroes

Back