Droid, Iphone, Blackberry, Other?

Any thoughts yet on the Sprint EVO?

In my experience the only people who prefer BB are people who don't feel comfortable with new technologies.

The only other phone I'd compare an iPhone to is a Nexus One.

Once you jailbreak your iPhone (which literally takes 30 seconds) you literally can do ANYTHING (including multi-task and tethering) you can dream of doing with any computer on your phone. (It's also easy to un-jailbreak, just plug iPhone into iTunes and hit Factory Restore, then sync your old data back.)

The Nexus One does that out of the box off of the Android OS.

Blackberry is just overpriced junk.

Any thoughts yet on the Sprint EVO?

I read about it yesterday, I think it's going to be AMAZING.

If it wasn't for a bad experience I had with T-Mobile in the past I might have went the Nexus / T-Mobile route opposed to the AT&T / iPhone route.

Yet, I did read about the iPhone 4G when it was leaked on TechCrunch and I'm impressed also.

I'm a fan of HTC ever since I owned the HTC Excalibur we'll see if the EVO can bring a better build quality than past machines (minus the Nexus).

And to everyone who hasn't tried using an iPhone or Android operated phone for business. YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT!

Any purchase has to be personalized. I don't know what the fascination is with email on the phone. I obviously need to receive email while I'm out but composing and replying for me are very limited. I'm not good at typing on any phone. the iphone has an app called Dragon which allows me to speak to compose emails - which amazingly works very well. Now I dictate all of my emails.

Then we get into personalities. When I'm out of the house that typically means I'm off work. I'll get to my emails the next morning. I'm more prone to play some fun games or read the news on my phone if I have time to kill.

Last edited:
I had to get my son an ipod touch because he simply loves the apps store games. It's great in a restaurant when you're waiting for a table or when we're driving any kind of distance. He likes the apps store games better than his Nintendo DS.

And to everyone who hasn't tried using an iPhone or Android operated phone for business. YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT!

what are we missing out on, specifically? i can see for games, general timewasting, but what are you doing workwise that is so great?

what are we missing out on, specifically? i can see for games, general timewasting, but what are you doing workwise that is so great?

You guys keep on saying games and time wasting, but I literally don't have one game on mine.

If you choose to not try one that's up to you.

I'm done.

Hi guys, I'm a long time Insurance Forums lurker, and I have gleaned a lot of good information from you all, but it's funny how a cell phone discussion ends up being my first post.

First of all, I must say that when it comes to meeting with clients or running an appointment, there is no substitute for a laptop, for obvious reasons. That being said, having used a lot of phone platforms, right now the best value in a cell/smart phone is the Palm Pre / Pre Plus.

I have owned the Pre and Pre Plus since the first day it came to Sprint about a year ago, and now the phone is also on Verizon and AT&T. For me, the Sprint Simply Everything Plan (unlimited everything for $99 a month) and the PRE combination is the best phone/plan option available.

Webos, the Pre's operating system, is so intuitive, and the Pre multitasks better than anything else out there, which helped the Pre to win the Best Product of the Consumer Electronics Show last year (I would link to it for you but can't since this is my first post).

Droid, Iphone, Blackberry - Nah - get a Pre or Pre Plus.

Back