Duplicate Marketplace Apps

So there no way to use Sherpa or any WBE to access a clients 2016 eligibility and enroll them into a different carrier than they're currently with?

I wonder if you check a members app at hc.gov after Dec 15th if it will show 2 enrollment a...could you just terminate the incorrect one?

Yes, and easy, at least via ACAExpress... Via ACAExpress it is one customer listing with each plan associated with it, i.e. not duplication of customer entry or listings..

ClientNewQuote.png

Yes, and easy, at least via ACAExpress... Via ACAExpress it is one customer listing with each plan associated with it, i.e. not duplication of customer entry or listings..
so you're saying that with ACAEX you can:

1) access a clients pre-determined 2016 eligibility (from hc.gov),
2) don't need to enter in all the income info (nothing's changed from 2015 to 2016),
3) select a different carrier for 2016 than they are currently with
4) they won't be auto enrolled into their current 2015 plan?

So there no way to use Sherpa or any WBE to access a clients 2016 eligibility and enroll them into a different carrier than they're currently with?

I wonder if you check a members app at hc.gov after Dec 15th if it will show 2 enrollment a...could you just terminate the incorrect one?

A day ago I called the Marketplace and asked them the same question I asked the members in the original posting, that is what happens if you have a 2015 policy in force which auto renews for 2016 and the client processes a new 2016 app through a web broker ( common occurrence). After 4 calls and 4 reps and more than an hour, I got 4 different answers. Basically they have no idea.
Some told me that the customer or agent had to call on December 16 to cancel the policy that auto-renewed for 2016, others said before. I asked the rep that if I cancelled on Dec 16, the customer would not be insured the rest of Dec, as the new policy is effective 1/1/16. This confrontation made things worse and the reps were completely lost.
The problem of the back door access to HCG made available through web brokers is that if the customer does not have a completed account with the Marketplace, you cannot update financials or change a plan without virtually going through the regular account creation process.
Even though web broker apps are very useful, they are stimulating the creation of thousands of duplicate applications. Customers, frequently don't know any info of there account and are more than willing for an agent to go ahead and process a new one.
Please readers, keep this thread going.

Last edited:
so you're saying that with ACAEX you can:

1) access a clients pre-determined 2016 eligibility (from hc.gov),
2) don't need to enter in all the income info (nothing's changed from 2015 to 2016),
3) select a different carrier for 2016 than they are currently with
4) they won't be auto enrolled into their current 2015 plan?

Kenny,
if this is the case...I would try ACAX, since I am calling 3 way with all HS apps...I requested info/sign up instructions...please send me ASAP.
thanks

HS says that they are coming with re-enrolling tool...but I don't know when and we are already 2 weeks in...with less than 30 days...:err:

We use it as a GA so different pricing but a quick glance at their website shows $159 per month or $1500 year. With no charge per app.

We use it as a GA so different pricing but a quick glance at their website shows $159 per month or $1500 year. With no charge per app.
so how does it work if you have a client who has a 2015 exchange plan with carrier A, but they don't want to renew with carrier A for 2016 and want to go with carrier B?

Back