Enbrel-Safety Net Foundation-Amgen

Have a client who called today. He was instructed to apply for Extra Help a few months ago when he first received Medicare, then a subsequent enrollment into BCBSM PPO Blue Essential. He never followed through on the Extra Help. He and his wife are on the cusp to financially qualifying. However, a problem came up with with his assets although their household income is only 30k annual. he was very quiet with his assets, and tried to either on purpose or otherwise omit an asset but after more questioning found out he just bought up north property that exceeds the asset limit by a little.

They're both on Medicare due to disabilities. 60 yrs old. His one Enbrel Rx is going to cost 3200ish for next two months. He said he can't afford it but it's the only thing he's tried that helps his RA. (He just bought the property I mentioned above a month ago.

I was wondering about whether anyone in here has recently used this resource, The Safety Net Foundation through Amgen, and how successful it was.

Not sure there's alot I can do. Also, quick note-- He is on a carrier that the Rx is clearly on the formulary. But today he received a letter saying it's not. I haven't seen the letter yet, but I will soon.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Back