Equita (EFES) Vs. Symmetry Financial Group For New Agent?

StevenHazel

I am almost finished with my Life, Health and Annuity study course and will be passing my exam soon. I've decided that working with an IMO will be best for 2 reasons. First, my credit is very poor and the IMO's seem to be more accommodating to new agents in my position. Second, while I have a background in sales, I feel the product training through both of these IMO's would be worth giving up a few points on the AP's.

Can someone provide any insight into what it is like working with these companies. I've heard mixed reviews regarding SFG, and most of the good reviews on Glassdoor sound like advertisements. Equita seems like a great company and I've seen some of their happy agents on these forums, but I have read on this forum that they have a "minimum lead order" of 15 leads. I will be making a slow transition from my full time job to full time insurance sales and I cannot afford to begin paying for that many leads/week. Is there any flexibility with this? Will they allow me to buy 5 leads per week until my first sales have paid for more leads?

Any insight into these two companies (or another which may be better given my above noted challenges) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven

I am almost finished with my Life, Health and Annuity study course and will be passing my exam soon. I've decided that working with an IMO will be best for 2 reasons. First, my credit is very poor and the IMO's seem to be more accommodating to new agents in my position. Second, while I have a background in sales, I feel the product training through both of these IMO's would be worth giving up a few points on the AP's.

Can someone provide any insight into what it is like working with these companies. I've heard mixed reviews regarding SFG, and most of the good reviews on Glassdoor sound like advertisements. Equita seems like a great company and I've seen some of their happy agents on these forums, but I have read on this forum that they have a "minimum lead order" of 15 leads. I will be making a slow transition from my full time job to full time insurance sales and I cannot afford to begin paying for that many leads/week. Is there any flexibility with this? Will they allow me to buy 5 leads per week until my first sales have paid for more leads?

Any insight into these two companies (or another which may be better given my above noted challenges) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven

I am not going to tell you what you want to hear, but it is definitely what you NEED to hear.

You will just go even more in debt trying to work 5 DM leads per week. This business is a law of numbers. You need an average number for it to work in your favor. Just about EVERYONE requires at least 15 DM per week.....that should tell you something.

You can get the training you need without giving up comp for it, and be an independent agent. My program and several others here will do that for you, but that is not the step you are on yet.

You will need to treat this as a business and commit to whatever it takes to make it work. 5 leads per week will not get that done. As far as credit, is it judgements and liens or just old hospital bills? I only ask this because if it is bad, the companies won't give you advances if they appoint you. That will make it even that much harder to make this career work.

I wish you luck, but you have to be committed to starting a career when getting in this. It is not just a hobby unless you're Rouse ;)

Just my .02!

Yeah nobody is going to want to take you on at 5 leads a week. Even 20 TM leads can cost less than $200. If you can't commit to even doing that weekly, you will fail.

And as Boman has said, very few agents transition from TM to DM and end up becoming successful at this business. Though in this case, I'm one of the 1%s!

I'm also a deplorable, so that ain't saying much!!

I will be making a slow transition from my full time job to full time insurance sales and I cannot afford to begin paying for that many leads/week. Is there any flexibility with this? Will they allow me to buy 5 leads per week until my first sales have paid for more leads?

Of course, just shop around and let them know you'll buy your own leads. Probably not either of the two you mentioned though.

Thanks!

Steven

Out of the ones mentioned Equita would be the better option....but there are some really good programs available here as well...take a look at a vid I made within my program that may help you out:

Last edited by a moderator:
"And as Boman has said, very few agents transition from TM to DM and end up becoming successful at this business"

Why is that you think?

"And as Boman has said, very few agents transition from TM to DM and end up becoming successful at this business"

Why is that you think?

Several reasons! But mostly because agents that start out and get on TM leads usually didn't have the money to get on DM leads. Adults without enough money for DM usually have money problems. Giving more money to someone with money problems doesn't fix the problem. So then they get deposits, blow it, get another one, blow it, etc.....Then they find out their area is burnt out and they need to give a fresh area. Then they aren't willing to drive 2 hours one way to work, so they look for another job.

Also it is harder in most areas to make a living on TM leads since those people get called non stopped every single day. They have been seen by every agent in the area by now. It is harder to make sales and save money to get onto DM leads.

Several reasons! But mostly because agents that start out and get on TM leads usually didn't have the money to get on DM leads. Adults without enough money for DM usually have money problems. Giving more money to someone with money problems doesn't fix the problem. So then they get deposits, blow it, get another one, blow it, etc.....Then they find out their area is burnt out and they need to give a fresh area. Then they aren't willing to drive 2 hours one way to work, so they look for another job.

Also it is harder in most areas to make a living on TM leads since those people get called non stopped every single day. They have been seen by every agent in the area by now. It is harder to make sales and save money to get onto DM leads.

I don't mind the junk mail in my mailbox. I don't even mind the occasional canvasser that shows up the door but I hate TM. Get several calls per day for different products. Most of them are recorded calls. No chance I am going to be responsive to any of them. :1arghh:

I don't mind the junk mail in my mailbox. I don't even mind the occasional canvasser that shows up the door but I hate TM. Get several calls per day for different products. Most of them are recorded calls. No chance I am going to be responsive to any of them. :1arghh:

Go and register on the national dnc list, it will cut out most calls, however there are some that will ignore that and still call you, bad apples.

Back