Exactly Whats on a Mib Report?

peteybear

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok I pulled my today but I should have nothing as haven't applied for ins in 10 yrs. ok if one applied for insurance a yr ago I know it shows any codes with any diseases or ailments you have. Ok records stay on there 7 yrs. If you got ins 2 yrs ago and said you were smoker is that on there? I know it shows co's that inquired for your record like the credit burea the last 2 yrs but does it show the co's actual name that inquired/

It depends as some companies report differently. The best approach is to order and see what is on it. OK?

Ok I pulled my today but I should have nothing as haven't applied for ins in 10 yrs. ok if one applied for insurance a yr ago I know it shows any codes with any diseases or ailments you have. Ok records stay on there 7 yrs. If you got ins 2 yrs ago and said you were smoker is that on there? I know it shows co's that inquired for your record like the credit burea the last 2 yrs but does it show the co's actual name that inquired/

I am just curious, how long does information stays on the mib?

If its related to the offer you receive, chances are it's on there (depending on how thorough the underwriter was in coding the file and entering it). For example -- any lab, ekg, or paramed abnormality including positive nicotine or drug hit; motor vehicle report info, any impairment found in your medical records, any other insurance activity (you applied and got declined, rated, or didn't take a policy)......websites you visit (just kidding), but almost everything else. 12 years an underwriter, 15 years of wholesaling.

I've read 100 times that wether if you're declined rated or not taken that's not on the mib. No underwriting decision is on there. Also its just like your credit report. Inquiries are on there for 2 yrs and any info about medical or mib is on there for 7 yrs.

Not everyone has an MIB Consumer File.

In order to have an MIB Consumer File, a consumer must have applied for individually underwritten life, health, disability income, long-term care or critical illness insurance within the past 7 years and the insurance company to which he or she applied (or its reinsurer) must have been an MIB member company that submitted an MIB inquiry with the consumer’s authorization. Therefore, a consumer may not have an MIB Consumer File if: (i) he/she applied for insurance more than 7 years ago; or (ii) he/she applied for insurance that was not individually underwritten; (for example, group insurance or guaranteed issue life, or ACA-based health insurance); or (iii) he/she applied to an insurance company that was not an MIB member.

As a practical matter, MIB codes are not typically reported on individuals who are in good health, meaning that their life and health insurance applications are approved by the insurer as standard or preferred risks.

MIB does not have a record of whether an individual has been rated or declined for insurance.

MIB's database consists of highly confidential and proprietary codes that signify different medical conditions and other conditions affecting the insurability of the applicant, as verified by members during the underwriting process. These codes do not indicate what action a member company took with respect to an application for insurance (i.e., approval, denial, approved with a substandard rating).

MIB does not obtain information from your hospital records or directly from your physician’s records.

As part of the underwriting process, with your authorization, a member insurance company may obtain your medical records from your health care provider along with other underwriting requirements. Once it has reviewed your medical records, the member company may then report information of underwriting significance to MIB, but MIB does not obtain any information directly from your physician. Only those life or health insurance companies that are members of MIB can contribute coded information to MIB's database.

MIB does not maintain prescription drug history or credit information in its database.

MIB does not maintain prescription drug history or credit information on individuals. MIB members report information to MIB using proprietary and highly confidential codes to signify different medical conditions and other conditions affecting the insurability of the proposed insured. These are conditions that have a material impact on mortality or morbidity and are reported under broad categories of verified medical histories or conditions.

https://www.mib.com/mib_faq.html

All you have to do is Google. Took less than a minute.:yes:

I was told that MIB information is highly guarded. The reports they release to consumers are does not have what insurance companies have access to. Does anyone know if this is true?

Will oncological radiation treatments show up on MIB if no other treatments such as chemo or prescriptions were prescribed?

Do records stay on MIB permanently or do they purge after a certain number of years?

I was told that MIB information is highly guarded. The reports they release to consumers are does not have what insurance companies have access to. Does anyone know if this is true?

Will oncological radiation treatments show up on MIB if no other treatments such as chemo or prescriptions were prescribed?

Do records stay on MIB permanently or do they purge after a certain number of years?

Did you happen to read the post before yours?:skeptical:

Did you happen to read the post before yours?:skeptical:

I absolutely did. I've done my Google homework weeks ago. However, what I've been told is even MIB doesn't even want consumers to know what information they truly have on individuals. It's a "big mystery" so just the mere FAQ may not be everything they collect. Perhaps this all a bunch of conspiracy theories but maybe not.

I absolutely did. I've done my Google homework weeks ago. However, what I've been told is even MIB doesn't even want consumers to know what information they truly have on individuals. It's a "big mystery" so just the mere FAQ may not be everything they collect. Perhaps this all a bunch of conspiracy theories but maybe not.

Chinese, Russian or Martian?:laugh:

I just sent off for mine. I'll be curious to see what shows.

Back