Experienced Cold Callers

Few thoughts:

1) As someone else mentioned, an auto dialer will make your life a lot easier
2) The conversion rate will be dependent on the type of leads you are using. A phone book will have an awful conversion rate, but something more qualified will be obviously better. Usually the cost of the leads are commensurate with the quality as you can imagine.
3) I would focus mostly on customer acquisition cost as a metric for your success or effectiveness. The value of your time, the cost of your lead relative the number of leads you convert into customers.
4) On the leaving messages vs. not. I always leave a message, but leave myself an out to call back by saying "Hi this Chris with .................... I can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I know you are busy, so if i don't hear from you by X, I will try calling you back" (with this approach, you set the expectation that you will be calling even if you leave a message so there isn't the dilmena of painting yourself into a corner by leaving a message and waiting for a response)

I never leave a message unless they have called me first.....total waste of time....they aren't going to call you back. I've had people call me back after seeing my name on their caller ID box several times (suspense gets to those seniors quickly!) I also keep my phone listed as a "personal" line.....If your are calling from a biz phone that says "Smith Insurance" rest assured, they are not going to pick up the phone!

I have had people call back after I've left a message, and I sold them a plan.
Those that call after seeing a "missed call" on caller id, they are calling to find out who called, not because they want to buy something.
With a dialer, its no problem to leave a prerecorded message. Obviously 2 completely different ways of dealing with this.

I have had people call back after I've left a message, and I sold them a plan.
Those that call after seeing a "missed call" on caller id, they are calling to find out who called, not because they want to buy something.
With a dialer, its no problem to leave a prerecorded message. Obviously 2 completely different ways of dealing with this.

OK...I'm old school.....I don't even know what a dialer is!!!! I've made hundreds of phone calls over the years the old fashioned way.....can you post a link to a "Dialer" please? I'm assuming when the person being called picks up the phone a pre recorded message gives them a quick update on a product then they leave their name if they want more info?

OK...I'm old school.....I don't even know what a dialer is!!!! I've made hundreds of phone calls over the years the old fashioned way.....can you post a link to a "Dialer" please? I'm assuming when the person being called picks up the phone a pre recorded message gives them a quick update on a product then they leave their name if they want more info?

A dialer basically dials out multiple lines at a time and as soon as one person picks up it stops dialing the other lines. There are other reporting functions and features that are great too, but that's the most basic feature that dialers have in common and their basic concept.

Hundreds? is that a record?

What are your guys statistics ratios of booking appointments?

I have no idea. I do know that one monday I cold called and sat 13 appointments for tuesday thru friday......A guy bet me I couldn't set 15. I dialed from 8:00 a.m until about 9:20 which was pushing the time limit but I wanted to win the bet. Needless to say I lost and was totally exhausted by the end of that day!

You simply cannot compare people's statistics unless they are approximately equal in skill level.

A newbie is not going to perform well, and that's why you give them the 1/100 stat. Make 100 calls and find the lie-down--your guy, the one who's waiting for you to call them.

And then you have the pros, who reach a level where it's hard NOT to sell something. That, the newbies cannot believe.

Back