Fair Booth Results!

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
Alright, as most of you saw, I had posted about fair booth ideas.

We ended up ordering stadium cups with our agency information on them (not caps, because putting popcorn in caps would make your head greasy, which I was told in the previous thread). Of the 500 cups we ordered, we gave away at least 300 of them.

We also were giving away a Carharrt coat which gave the option to circle Yes if you wanted us to contact you in regards to an insurance quote or review. We had 158 people put their name in, of those, a whopping 7 said yes, 108 said no, and 43 left it blank.

The 7 that said yes would all be homeowner or renters policies according to their addresses, which is fine, but I was really looking for some farm leads from this!

We also gave away a kids prize, which was a sprinkler thing that you attach to a hose. Had a ton of entries, didn't count them though.

All in all I think it was a good experience and we will probably do it again next year. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people, inform them that I am working out of the bank in town instead of just out of the little city we are based in, and I think it will open some doors in the future.

Thanks for everyone who had input!

My family's P&C biz got a cash machine that blows cash around and you gotta catch as much as possible. He had a ten ream paper storage box that was FULL of leads, never did go through all the leads...best lead generator I have ever seen them do...

Can't say I know who Ned Ryerson is, but I really wasn't expecting many people to circle "yes", I was just hoping they would!
Marketing-wise, county fairs and the like are only good for trying to build some "front of mind awareness" - they think of you next time they have a "need".

If you're looking for leads, your dollars are much better spent on direct marketing, like direct mail.

Last edited:
While you may not have gotten as many leads from the cards, you met and talked to a lot of people. That will benefit you down the road when they get your marketing, hear others talk about working with you, or decide they want to shop their policies. (they might remember that nice man from the fair)

I've done similar events and never got many leads, but I looked at it as just exposure in the community. You met a lot of people and maybe they'll remember you when you market to them later.

Alright, as most of you saw, I had posted about fair booth ideas.

We ended up ordering stadium cups with our agency information on them (not caps, because putting popcorn in caps would make your head greasy, which I was told in the previous thread). Of the 500 cups we ordered, we gave away at least 300 of them.

We also were giving away a Carharrt coat which gave the option to circle Yes if you wanted us to contact you in regards to an insurance quote or review. We had 158 people put their name in, of those, a whopping 7 said yes, 108 said no, and 43 left it blank.

The 7 that said yes would all be homeowner or renters policies according to their addresses, which is fine, but I was really looking for some farm leads from this!

We also gave away a kids prize, which was a sprinkler thing that you attach to a hose. Had a ton of entries, didn't count them though.

All in all I think it was a good experience and we will probably do it again next year. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people, inform them that I am working out of the bank in town instead of just out of the little city we are based in, and I think it will open some doors in the future.

Thanks for everyone who had input!

Here is my two cents. I wouldn't give them a yes or no. The card would give me permission to contact them. I would have boxes for them to check indicating what they are most interested in. I.e. life, health, property, auto, FE, investments, etc. Why give them an opportunity to tell you no?

Back