Fb Advertising

mziarnik

Expert
Wondering if anyone has had any success with fb advertising. .and if so what kind of advertising did you do?

I'm trying a request a quote get a free gift card promo that's geared to homeowners age 26-65 about 144, 000 people. ..so f are in 4 days it's gone to 900 people....5 people have liked the add (2 Are personal friends) no one's gone as far as requesting a quote....soo just trying to find people who've used it and gotten ok results out of it...

Thnx

----------

It's for personal auto and home. ..If that matters. ..

FB advertising is quirky and constantly changing. Use emotional stories where people can connect, 80% of your posts need to be informational and fun stuff, 20% salesy, boost posts.

To clarify. ..I have a fb page and put both insurance and non insurance info on it...Although nothing has come of it yet...

My question was in reference to paying for fb advertising where it shows up in the news feeds. .As it hasn't provided anything yet...it's been only a few days but expected something to come of it...any ideas or suggestions? ?

There are several ways to advertise on FB. Boosted posts have proved most useful for me and delivering good value. Getting clicks for $0.32.

Most recent boosted post has cost me $26 and I have written 2 (possibly 3) apps.

When you advertise on FB you can choose your demographics and where it shows up. Most of my ads are displaying on news feed and on mobile devices. Right column isn't getting a lot of play and no clicks.

I only tried FB ads for a short time. I quit because FB seemed to have a serious problem with their math.

they were charging me for 15-20 clicks per day. but both google analytics and clicky were only registering 1-2 clicks per day. this didn't happen once or twice. it happened consistently.

I think your money goes a lot farther with google ppc than FB. just my opinion.

Yes right column fb ads are trash. I normally get ads for another local agent that sells the same carrier. Boosted posts can be great, but you really need to narrow your target. Most people don't narrow it enough, and I see a lot of irrelevant boosted posts. If you put money into it, you really need to know EXACTLY who you are after. And make the post interesting enough to earn clicks. Don't be lazy about this part. It can be very effective. It can also be a huge waste of money if you don't do it right.

They work good if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you'll be throwing cash in the gutter.

In regards to the clicks, there are two different metrics. General clicks and Clicks to Website. You were only looking at the general clicks which could be a click to your FB page or a like or anything that isn't a click to your site. You have to go in deeper to see the clicks to website and the actual cost.

They work good if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you'll be throwing cash in the gutter.

In regards to the clicks, there are two different metrics. General clicks and Clicks to Website. You were only looking at the general clicks which could be a click to your FB page or a like or anything that isn't a click to your site. You have to go in deeper to see the clicks to website and the actual cost.

Do you do campaigns for other people?

I have tried posting the actul link,or a photo of the add and looks like its not working on the forum.

I have no idea of how to read how many people have reached, one places says less than 600 another says less than 1000. However either one in my opinion is rotten for a fb post thats been running for 4 days. I have had 5 clicks to the website, and of those I'm personal friends of 3 of them. The audience has a potential reach of 150,000...for age bracket of 26-65 homeowners....the ad states contact us for a free quote receive a $10 gift card....I'm thinking I need to change the add completely but honestly have no idea of what it should say. Paying 8 dollars for 2 clicks to a website where they even don't fill out a contact sheet is bad! So looking for guidance/suggestions/ideas/ places or people to turn to...

Thanks
Mark

This should be helpful.

CAUTION: Another Facebook Algorithm Update is Upon Us!

According to people we surveyed, there are some consistent traits that make organic posts feel too promotional:

Posts that solely push people to buy a product or install an app
Posts that push people to enter promotions and sweepstakes with no real context
Posts that reuse the exact same content from ads

To do this, your posts should be:

Informative
Entertaining
Relevant
Valuable

Looks like you violated at least 2 of the rules.

The type of promotion you used might do well on G or B, but not on FB. People on FB are not necessarily looking to buy something. Rather, they are there to be entertained and enlightened about topics that are interesting.

I assume you are hoping to sell HO coverage and/or car insurance.

Identify your target market and use geo-targeting unless you really want to market to your entire state. You might also narrow it down a bit more by targeting English speaking unless you are bilingual.

Offer useful and informative information in your post. Use a catchy title that piques their curiosity. Something like "5 ways burglars can get into your home" or "Which cars are more likely to be stolen?"

The post on your site should answer those questions and include a couple of CTA's that invite people to sign up for a newsletter, get a quote, or both.

Weave personal stories into the web post.

Mary was devastated to learn that her car insurance policy did not cover ______. She called to ask how to avoid this in the future. After a few questions about her current policy I suggested some changes that not only saved her $X in premiums but broadened her coverage at the same time.

You have to engage people, not just Get a quote, save money

Back