% FE Agents Making 6 Figures

cjd

Whats your guess on what percent of FE agents clearing $100,000.00 per year on their own sales prodution?(not agency) My guess is about 5%. Thanks.

I guess that the 5% is high. Now if the question also included how long they have been selling FE then I would guess that agents selling FE fulltime for over 3 years would be north of 50% banking $100,000 per year.

I guess that the 5% is high. Now if the question also included how long they have been selling FE then I would guess that agents selling FE fulltime for over 3 years would be north of 50% banking $100,000 per year.

Even after 3yrs, u think its that high JD, 50%? Really?

Im too new to know, but from the info I gather here....im guessing 20% at best still NETTING 100k.

Even after 3yrs, u think its that high JD, 50%? Really?

Im too new to know, but from the info I gather here....im guessing 20% at best still NETTING 100k.

Yeah. I think if a person is still selling FE fulltime after 3 years then they must have it figured out by then and that is their career. I can't imagine a person hanging around for that long and not making bank. I said "north of 50%" so I think it's considerably higher than 50%.

No way of knowing for sure but that's my guess.

I'd be SHOCKED if it was north of 50%.

In most parts of the country anything north of $50k/year is good money, I'm sure a lot of folks are doing just fine on $75k/year.

20% sounds generous.

It's a trick question because they A: do not stick around in large numbers, high turnover, and, B: get paid advances, so they really did not "earn" their money, and C: are asked to pay real high $$$ for leads, oh, and also D: are asked to pay a fee up front to work there. Go to the local big box store and ask them if you need to submit $250-$300 with your application if you want to work there.

It's a trick question because they A: do not stick around in large numbers, high turnover, and, B: get paid advances, so they really did not "earn" their money, and C: are asked to pay real high $$$ for leads, oh, and also D: are asked to pay a fee up front to work there. Go to the local big box store and ask them if you need to submit $250-$300 with your application if you want to work there.

What are you talking about wit "D"???

What are you talking about wit "D"???

Almost every big FE agency I've ever talked with about working for them, { and health insurance agencies for that matter, a few years ago when that was the fad, and mortgage insurance agencies, for that matter} wanted a check for $200 or more or less, before I could represent them. The last one I spoke with, which was a FE agency, a big one, wanted $199. Some of them want $130. It depends. I've heard of them asking for $300. A lot of these guys will tell you they can take it out of your future commissions, so you will never miss it.

My point was this: go to the big box store or auto parts store down the street, and turn in an application to work there. Then ask them, "do I need to write you a check for $200 to begin work?" They will think you are crazy. Yet it is standard practice for some reason in insurance.

I'd be SHOCKED if it was north of 50%.

In most parts of the country anything north of $50k/year is good money, I'm sure a lot of folks are doing just fine on $75k/year.

20% sounds generous.

I would agre for all FE agents. In fact I would think it's less than 5%. But agents that have been in the FE biz for over 3 years I can't imagine that the number would be that low.

I would agre for all FE agents. In fact I would think it's less than 5%. But agents that have been in the FE biz for over 3 years I can't imagine that the number would be that low.

Even at that I disagree.

Back