FE Carriers offering PNS and SNS versus only SNS

damadcrapper

Super Genius
Do any of our Forum experts have an opinion as to whether or not there is a difference in carriers offering two UW classes for FE versus only one? Is the PNS just a "teaser" rate?

KSKJ Preferred and Standard, a significant amount of their business is preferred, not just a teaser rate, standard picks up a lot of the slack. Am I understanding your question?

Last edited:
Yes - thanks for the reply. I was thinking that maybe the PNS was like PNS Elite or PNS+ with term contracts - many carriers offer them to get to the top of the quoting engines, however, they are next to impossible to achieve.

Yes - thanks for the reply. I was thinking that maybe the PNS was like PNS Elite or PNS+ with term contracts - many carriers offer them to get to the top of the quoting engines, however, they are next to impossible to achieve.

A marketing decision I'm a sure.

Bells and whistles... problem with this, if you promise a level and can't deliver... egg on your face. Not a good place to be.

Preferred on FE is not really like Preferred for term. I haven’t written a lot of term for the past several years, but I can’t imagine getting somebody with a combo of high blood pressure and insulin dependent diabetes approved for Preferred with an ordinary carrier. Might not even get standard, depending on A1C counts, etc. But the same person is Preferred all day for FE.

Do any of our Forum experts have an opinion as to whether or not there is a difference in carriers offering two UW classes for FE versus only one? Is the PNS just a "teaser" rate?
With FE the application questions will tell you. You should RARELY be surprised where they fall once you go through the FE health questions with them.
Like: Heart event over 36 months ago = Prefered
Heart event over 18 months ago but less then 36 = Standard
Heart event within 18 months = Graded

It's all based on calendar dates or current health conditions. It's very simple. That's why they call it Simplified issue.

Back