FE DM income and age range

I think geography matters. I’ve worked both urban and rural NC & VA. Money always went farther in the rural areas vs the city. It’s true here, too. $50K is near poverty level in Dallas. But somebody in East Texas will live better on the same income. If you’re working the city, like I do, $50k income is still a good FE prospect.

Last edited:
Don't know about other parts of the country. I only mail South Georgia and SE Alabama.

I use ages 55 to 80 and incomes $15 to $50 and sometimes raise the minimum to $20. It's always worked for me.
Those filters aren't great for FE. You'll get a lot of junk, including folks with no income (under 62 and no disability). And lots of folks who are over 80, which isn't a good lead.

Ideally 62-77 and $0-40k.

Those filters aren't great for FE. You'll get a lot of junk, including folks with no income (under 62 and no disability). And lots of folks who are over 80, which isn't a good lead.

Ideally 62-77 and $0-40k.
Working just fine.

I'm also after their Medicare thus the 15 to 20 minimum. I'd never do zero.

Working just fine.

I'm also after their Medicare thus the 15 to 20 minimum. I'd never do zero.
If it ain't broke... But yes, the 0 income actually works fine too. If you're doing Medicare, doing that 0 income could lead you to more DSNP opportunities.

Thought you were doing Medicare and FE? Dnsp and FE go hand in hand.
Caveat, NOT an agent.

Interesting thing about agent posts here, there seem to be a lot of different approaches to the senior Health and Life Insurance markets.

My suspicion would be that effectively running Medicare leads to age 80 would take a different skill set than just doing T65, but I have seen a few posts here that would suggest to me that the right agent could pique the interest of Medicare Beneficiaries in a 75-80 age bracket in talking about their coverage, and then gaining business from some.

Caveat, NOT an agent.

Interesting thing about agent posts here, there seem to be a lot of different approaches to the senior Health and Life Insurance markets.

My suspicion would be that effectively running Medicare leads to age 80 would take a different skill set than just doing T65, but I have seen a few posts here that would suggest to me that the right agent could pique the interest of Medicare Beneficiaries in a 75-80 age bracket in talking about their coverage, and then gaining business from some.
I've been selling supplements to the age 67 to 78 age group for years now. What's two more years.

Knew an agent that sold disability income to doctors. What made him different from the rest of us was that he approached them about covering their malpractice insurance premium. Very few agents have thought of that one.

Tons of ways to skin a cat.

Back