FE Sales Completely Online

There is no way in the world you could automate the sales and application process for FE sales.

Sure you could have a website setup to show quotes and allow folks to submit their name and phone number as a lead (although I doubt hardly any FE leads are generated online).

Those are two very different things.

Pretty much the same thing was said a dozen years ago on individual health. The applications are too complex, etc... But myself and many others made a lot of money selling health completely online, and in many cases not even talking to the customer until after they completely submitted the application.

So, opinions aside on whether or not it will work, are there no companies that offer this type of quote/application process for agents to use?

Pretty much the same thing was said a dozen years ago on individual health. The applications are too complex, etc... But myself and many others made a lot of money selling health completely online, and in many cases not even talking to the customer until after they completely submitted the application.

So, opinions aside on whether or not it will work, are there no companies that offer this type of quote/application process for agents to use?

It sounds like you are talking about generating leads online, and putting them through a filter process where you are only talking to people who have raised their hand claiming they want to apply (rather than a typical lead that just expresses interest). That could be done, but that is night and day different from a completely automated process where the customer applies online without every communicating with you.

That's a decline with foresters, rewatch the UW video

When did that change? I'm pretty sure they did at one time. I'll go back and double check.

My point though still stands; even though the younger generation wants to do everything via text and twitter, the best way to find the right policy is face to face.

Like I tell people all the time. You don't hire a electrician to fix your plumbing.

Although the OP does have a point. Even we will be eventually automated.

The app is misleading. If you call sales support or watch Doug Parrot's video they'll say O2 Powered CPAP = O2 use.

You ever met a FE client?

part of the problem doing FE 100% online is that some companies don't allow the entire process to be done online.

Example, you can't submit a Mutual of Omaha application until you "personally" ask every health question on application

Or with Foresters, you have to still do a phone interview

These issues prevent one from having the whole process completed thru an onoline portal

With their multi-million dollar IT budgets, if the companies could do it they would. Probably working on it right now and it may just come to that with technology advancing at warp speeds. But for now and the foreseeable future, they like having us not only to close the business but being their "eyes and ears". You know, fulfilling our contractual obligation to be honest field underwriters (just don't call yourself that).

Why worry about it? If and when it comes to that, they will then deploy their multi-million dollar marketing budgets to cut us out of the deal anyway.:mad:

Last edited:
Carriers have been doing this by mail for a long time. Globe is doing this online already with their term & whole life.

There's a new startup called Ladder that is doing this online with term life with success. https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/10/life-insurance-startup-ladder-launches-in-california/

My opinion is there are bigger fish to fry with P&C sales automation. If it gets more mainstream it won't be soon.

Compliments to you for a great Linkedin profile!

FYI, I noticed a slight typo there. It says you were with EFES for 1yr and 10 months. Since January of 2016!

I'm sure that's just a typo, and in no way done for potential recruits to think you have been with that agency for longer than you have. :swoon:

See attached image below!

Attachments

• Mikey's Linkedin.jpg
    Mikey's Linkedin.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 62
Back