Federal Judge in Florida Case Expected to Rule on Monday

Yes, lots. Unfortunately, nothing related to this case though.

Dan

There is a ground game and and air game to getting rid of Obamacrap.
Air game involves 2012 election and probable Supreme Court ruling(s).
Ground game. This FL case a (minor) piece of the ground game. States frustrating feds big time, Congress doing it's part, cut off funding, tea partiers, politicians making back room deals, businesses and individuals gaming the system, etc.
End result: We won't be out of business, but will need to work harder and smarter to survive.

Last edited:
This is a necessary step to all the above. Since the other 3 cases have had no 'impact' on the train, I wouldn't expect this one to have much impact either.

Undoing the damage at this point is almost impossible. I see most forward progress on getting rid of Obamacare as a step backwards for agents, which is somewhat amazing since agents have already taken a big chunk of the hit.

My predictions:
- Mandate declared unconstitional, eventually by the Supreme Court.
- Without mandate (which is what the carriers want to have), carriers will not sign up to GI and will eventually leave the individual health market, or will price themselves out of the market.
- Due to spending cuts, the subsidies (which is also what the carriers want) will not come out as originally projected. People will have to spend more on their own health insurance. This will reduce the number of healthy individuals that pay their insurance bill. Again, carriers will look to get out of the individual market due to GI.
- Government will cry foul. The masses (i.e., those who don't pay taxes) will run to single payor. Obama wins by losing.

By 2015/16, agents in the individual market will basically be out of business if this model is followed. Not sure how much of any other outcome can happen, except avoiding the single payor route, which will be difficult.

Dan

P.S. I'm not a single payor fan at all. I do think it makes a touch more sense then Obamacare, heck, at least an argument can be made for it. It's still a signficant step back from a good free enterprise system though.

While we all slug down Pabst Blue Ribbon while eating a bag of cheese puffs, then taking heart burn meds and Lunesta to fall asleep it isn't gonna matter what we do.

Back