Final Expense dress code

AgentBartlett

Expert
Any advantage to wearing a suit and tie? I wear dress pants and button down collar shirt. No tie. Most folks in traler parks don't really care but i'm just curious if some of you "grizzled ole pros" have an opinion.

Since we sell over the phone or with a courier service - the type of pajamas depends on the weather . . .

If we were "inhome" - it would be khakis and polo shirt for me.

Tom

I always wear a suit and tie.

Most other agents tell me that I go over dressed.

But when someone meets with their attorney do they complain that the attorney is over dressed?

No, and as far as I am concerned I am a professional as much as the attorney is.

If you want your level of expertise to be perceived like the cable guy, dress like him.

If you want to be perceived as a professional, dress like one, with a suit and tie.

You only need a certain "level of expertise" to sell Final Expense. I've seen 6th grade dropouts in sweat pants and a t-shirt sell $4000 Annual premium - week in and week out.

Do you honestly think the client gives a rats ass? Give them a competitive price and service - that's what they want.

LOL - even the street agents and street brokers I know in Georgia, S.C. and Florida don't wear a suit and tie.

Once again - someone making insurance out to be more than it really is.

But - to each their own . . .

Tom

You only need a certain "level of expertise" to sell Final Expense. I've seen 6th grade dropouts in sweat pants and a t-shirt sell $4000 Annual premium - week in and week out.

Do you honestly think the client gives a rats ass? Give them a competitive price and service - that's what they want.
Yup, and the sweatpant-adorned will go right on hustling final expense policies in the trailer parks...until they lapse.

I really didn't expect you to have the class to understand a professional image, and the advantage it delivers...

It depends. If the amount is determined over the phone and the appt scheduled...

$1,000 - $5,000 Sportcoat, bow tie
$5,001 - $10,000 Armani suit, tie
$10,001 - $25,000 Tux
$25,001 and up Royal robe and crown

Back