Final Expense IMO's for a Beginner

but - Senior Life has come along way too . . .

They have the hottest technology. They revised their commissions too.

I'd love to sell them and build agents with them if they didn't have:

1) a terrible no compete / no solicit

2) the 30 day termination if someone doesnt write any biz

They have several IMO's that have great training on the Career and Broker side.

The current SL isn't your Daddy's old SL . . .

Josh and Brandon have an excellent program.

Sammy down in Florida has it going on.

Legacy Life in California produces major volume and has an indepth training program.

Y'all old farts need to get out more.

Thanks! Index of /

What is the no compete/no solicit?

Hello, New Agent based out of New England. I don't have a lot of cash to start out with so was curious if anybody knew and Final Expense IMO's that don't require a huge start up investment. Right now I do have a job in Restaurants that I have been doing for about 4 years so I don't want to just quit it so my schedule is gonna be a little weird but it is flexible. I did ask the same question on the Life Insurance forum, was advised to ask it here to go directly to the source of people who know the FE industry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I realize you’re referring to IMOs that specialize in FE products. I would like to point out that almost all IMOs are going to give you the products that you need. Also, that there is no cost to do business with most of them.

I suggest you shop IMOs and find one you can establish a good rapport. If you can’t get them on the phone, probably a bad choice. Again, they all have the same products. Commissions are about the same as well.

Go on YouTube and find a training videos on selling FE. Dave Duford was mentioned in this thread. He has lots of training. I believe you would be foolish to not mix Medicare into your product line, but that’s another conversation.

Lastly, find the cheapest leads you can get. Aged leads and offshore telemarketing are a possible starting point. Get lots of them and get to work. You’ll find out real fast if you have the skill set necessary to make it in this business.

Just what training does SL offer? :skeptical:

My team has 3 day ride alongs for new field agents, three 30 min training calls each week, one conference call each week for leaders/recruiters, complete world class sales presentation on an ipad so new agents can give the same great presentation each time they do a presentation, recorded sales presentations from the field and also via tele-sales where I was the agent talking to Ms. Jones, everyone is on Groupme chat, and a guy with 20 years experience selling FE exclusively teaching agents how to make it happen.

Hey Tom,

Sr Life no longer does that anymore. Now I have part time brokers that are on my team, including a lady who is a P and C agent promoting Legacy Assurance's savings on the caskets, vaults, and monuments as well as urns to her book of business.

That 30 day termination was cancelled months ago. That no compete/no solicit thing is something all carriers probably have. It means if you leave, don't go back trying to replace policies, etc.

If you, or anyone else, really want to contract call me. You'll almost always have your new agent # in 12 to 24 hours, be appointed with your Dept. of Insurance 12 to 24 hours after you get your agent #,. This means once you complete the contracting process (about 15 min) you'll be able to write biz just 2 days later! What other carriers are doing this?

You're correct on the commissions. Several months ago they raised commissions on super-preferred, preferred, and GI. They also started paying renewals on GI. As time goes by they are tweaking here and there to make their opportunity more attractive to other agents.

But having a real english speaking person answer their phone whenever an agent calls them is absolute golden.

Greg,

I had a sweet deal with a guy that is direct to SL - but, when doing the contract online, the Agent agreement was very restrictive and most def had a non compete / non solicit section.

I couldn't agree to those terms.

Unless they removed it in the last 2 months?

Hey Tom,

Sr Life no longer does that anymore. Now I have part time brokers that are on my team, including a lady who is a P and C agent promoting Legacy Assurance's savings on the caskets, vaults, and monuments as well as urns to her book of business.

That 30 day termination was cancelled months ago. That no compete/no solicit thing is something all carriers probably have. It means if you leave, don't go back trying to replace policies, etc.

If you, or anyone else, really want to contract call me. You'll almost always have your new agent # in 12 to 24 hours, be appointed with your Dept. of Insurance 12 to 24 hours after you get your agent #,. This means once you complete the contracting process (about 15 min) you'll be able to write biz just 2 days later! What other carriers are doing this?

You're correct on the commissions. Several months ago they raised commissions on super-preferred, preferred, and GI. They also started paying renewals on GI. As time goes by they are tweaking here and there to make their opportunity more attractive to other agents.

But having a real english speaking person answer their phone whenever an agent calls them is absolute golden.

Back