Final Expense Leads

Re: What are the numbers for FE direct mail leads

Maybe you should have thought this out a little bit before you spent $1600 on a mail drop?:nah:

Actually I did..... Just wondering what others are doing. And I only paid $1,100. I'm sorry to hear you have to pay more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maybe you should have thought this out a little bit before you spent $1600 on a mail drop?:nah:

Actually I did..... Just wondering what others are doing. And I only paid $1,100.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I'd call through them all and get the low hanging fruit, then door knock the rest. I knocked a lady's door the day after the third time she said no to an appt over the phone and walked out with $900+ in premium. Weirdest thing I've ever seen, but it works.

Thanks I plan to do just that. Do you have percentages achievable for returned mailers per appointment, closes per appointment set etc. ???

Last edited:
dmiller, shut the heck up and quit trying to sell your bs here on online, your intention though subtle, is obvious

Thanks I plan to do just that. Do you have percentages achievable for returned mailers per appointment, closes per appointment set etc. ???

The rule of thumb is you'll book half the lead cards, half of them will show and you'll close half the folks you sit with. Your numbers could be better than that or worse, but that is at least something to play with. I've had batches of cards where I've had a much higher sit rate than others, but those are the numbers you want to track:

Appts
Shows
Sales

If you can't get appts you know your phone skills are weak. If you are having problems with your show rate then you probably need to work on solidifying your appts, if your sales rate is low then you probably need to work on your presentation, get the idea?

dmiller, shut the heck up and quit trying to sell your bs here on online, your intention though subtle, is obvious

You're on a roll today. Finding old posts and then insulting the poster. Did the hooker tell you no last night?

I just want you to have an opportunity to say something nasty to me.

Hit me with your best shot big boy.

Rick

Appts
Shows
Sales

Thanks.... Yeah I think those are reasonable numbers. Basically 25-30%. And hope for better in all catagories. Through in two apps in one house and occasional referrals and you're where you need to be.

Those percentages look fair. As for percentages on direct mail it really depends on which state you are in. I have seen consistent 2% in some states and .75-1% in other states. I personally have had some mailers go .5% and some return 2%. Very unpredictable. The best thing to worry about is regardless of what percent come back you can only control closing in a house. It is a numbers game and if you have to mail 10k mailers then so be it. Work at your closing and work at getting in the door and the rest will come.

The problem I have seen is people who send out 1-2k in mailers a month and wait for them all to come back and wait until they sell them or go through them before they order more. You will not survive in this business like that. If I have to spend enough to get 150 leads to get the money I want then I spend it. I know I will sell enough to pay off my mail costs etc.

Hope that helps.

Back