Final Expense Secret Sauce

You all are ripping an agent that has been given bad advise by a recruiter. The recruiter should have recognized that the "FE Market" is not for this agent, but SIWL is a market he could do well in.

The vast majority of FE is sold as SIWL by agents such as the OP to individuals that make more than $25k/year. Not the typical market the agents on this Forum have experience in selling to. It is not their fault, their experience is knowing how to market through FE Direct Mail and are giving you advice based on real world examples.

The recruiter that sold the OP the magic beans should have put him in the Medicare Supp Market in Rural areas with Cross Selling to SIWL path. In this market the client minimum Income Filter should be $25k to $100k and having all those initials after the name actually are important to these higher income clients.

Skipper.

You all are ripping an agent that has been given bad advise by a recruiter. The recruiter should have recognized that the "FE Market" is not for this agent, but SIWL is a market he could do well in.

The vast majority of FE is sold as SIWL by agents such as the OP to individuals that make more than $25k/year. Not the typical market the agents on this Forum have experience in selling to. It is not their fault, their experience is knowing how to market through FE Direct Mail and are giving you advice based on real world examples.

The recruiter that sold the OP the magic beans should have put him in the Medicare Supp Market in Rural areas with Cross Selling to SIWL path. In this market the client minimum Income Filter should be $25k to $100k and having all those initials after the name actually are important to these higher income clients.

Skipper.
C'mon man. Nobody outside of the life insurance industry even knows what a CLU or Chfc is let alone gives a rat's ass. Hasn't this guy been shoveled enough bullshit from marketers.:skeptical:

The MGA I'm working with out of South Carolina are passionate, committed and successful. I have a 90% contract with a 75% advance. After reading all of the input maybe my mistake was not realizing how different this segment is vis- a- vis selling to the classes.

As far as i'm concerned, it's all about the training first, the lead availability second, and then the contract levels.

If you are going into this Local MGA's office on a daily basis, to get training from a successful field agent, then you should be able to duplicate his system and therefore reap the rewards of being able to write business in one of the easiest areas in the country. Wish I had that convenience!

If you're not getting this type of training with a local MGA with access to NEW DM leads, then you should definitely start shopping around for Better Training and Better contract levels.

C'mon man. Nobody outside of the life insurance industry even knows what a CLU or Chfc is let alone gives a rat's ass. Hasn't this guy been shoveled enough bullshit from marketers.:skeptical:

You obviously never sold to markets that have $10k or more in annual life premium where a lawyer and accountant is always scrutinizing your work. I have for 26 years as a producer.

When you are in higher income markets, this does matter as your are always second guessed by children of seniors and their attorneys.

CHFC and CFP's sell more LIFE insurance through referrals from attorney's and accountants than not and last I checked they are not in the Life Insurance Industry.

If anyone is shoving BS it is you for your lack of experience in advance markets and higher income markets. That is obvious.

Skipper.

You obviously never sold to markets that have $10k or more in annual life premium where a lawyer and accountant is always scrutinizing your work. I have for 26 years as a producer.

When you are in higher income markets, this does matter as your are always second guessed by children of seniors and their attorneys.

CHFC and CFP's sell more LIFE insurance through referrals from attorney's and accountants than not and last I checked they are not in the Life Insurance Industry.

If anyone is shoving BS it is you for your lack of experience in advance markets and higher income markets. That is obvious.

Skipper.
I can only go by my wife's bosses. They each earn in the neighborhood of 500k a year selling to the wealthy and corporations. One does estate plans and the other 401k's/group health). Neither has any of these credentials. Well, the one who does the estate planning is a CLU but stopped putting it on his card years ago. Why? Nobody gives a ****! The estate planning guy's partner brings socks for the other (when they do joint work) because the one doesn't even deem it necessary to wear socks to the appointments.:laugh: Those markets are all about the relationship. All else is a very distant second.:yes:

Skipper.

No recruiter gave the guy his attitude.. That is really what he was ripped for.. He came asking for advice, didn't like what eh heard and then took a better than everyone else stance.

No recruiter gave the guy his attitude.. That is really what he was ripped for.. He came asking for advice, didn't like what eh heard and then took a better than everyone else stance.

C'mon Rouse, you know hillbillies like us have no business questioning these Fancy Dans slumming in the FE forum. Now go back to underwriting coloreds!:D

Skipper.

SIWL v FE. Same product different market. There was a different (i think) poster that had a P&C shop and was asking the same about FE. FE would suck for him. SIWL would be great.

Probably 50% of my SIWL is sold to the kids of the insured. Kids buying policies on the parents or grandparents. Like the FE guys are telling this guy, not the FE market.

SIWL & SITerm market does not exist, right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+risk+life+insurance&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS649US649&oq=high+risk+life+insurance&aqs=chrome..69i57.7359j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

----------

Yup, he was out of his depth. I sold my biggest case last year in boots and jeans. And did the quote on a legal pad.

Last edited:
I have been told 10 door knocks a day. My question is if I commit to do that what are the realistic expectations.

I would welcome all honest assessments of this end of the business.

10 doors a day is for the committed professionals. That's for you to assess.

Back