Finalexpense101.com

EFT bank overdrafts are bankrupting me ... anyone have advice?

I think it's my market ... they are just too poor ...

Is FE really as good as it appears? I'd rather sell less policies to people that can pay ... how do you find these people?

07-13-2009, 09:21 PM Jody 108

no, no ... they are just deducting it from my next pay ... i had $4000 in EFT's these past two weeks ... it's out of control ... so my balance to the insurance company is eating away my pay ... in short, i aint getting nothin ... and i didn't expect it and i'm completely screwed ... so ... im thinking that this advanced bullcrap is not a good idea ... but when you're broke to start with, you got take chances ... it worked for awhile ... ha! until i had enough policies to increase my EFT odds ... then i had a slow month last month ... and BOOM ... BANKRUPT ... it was short and sweet ... now back to square one ...

I'm ready to bend over again ... :nah:
07-13-2009, 09:55 PM Jody 108

Old or should I say recent posts speak for themselves.

</IMG>

Day..umm!!:laugh:

Absolutely spot on. A few months ago both of these guys were crying the blues because they couldn't make any money.

In just a few weeks, they are the experts in the field and offering to "help" agents if those agents pay them for the newly found expertise. According to Jody's website, he's learned all the secrets. He points out an agent that earns $250K a year. If that was true, I want to learn from THAT agent, not a guy who's been in the business for almost a long as Ted Kennedy's been dead.

There are some people here that have been successful for many years and have earned the credibility to be know as experts. Neither Jody nor Dwayne fit into this category.

Oh, want to know who does have the credibility? Frank, Chumps, Somarco, John, Dave, etc. (Of course, I'm way too modest to mention myself).

Rick

Thanks Rick...

But I wasn't crying about not making any money... I was crying about chargebacks and how it was crazy...

Rick, my site isn't intended to bypass people like yourself, or to discredit your knowledge and ability to help people.

My site is designed to help people not go through what I went through....

A guide on how to set out on the right foot...

What's wrong with that?

I'm not saying I'm a guru... Or an expert.

I just teach you how to get your insurance license, how to get contracted with companies at a decent commission, how to get leads, how to make appointments, how to present yourself when you arrive at an appointment, how to close the sale by offering the right product etc...

It's such an easy system to understand and to figure out.... You don't have to be a 20yr veteran to understand it.

These are the basics... Hence the FE101 name.

101, in college, is the number they use for the entry level courses.

I'm qualified to offer that course....

As for everything else, they can go to you Rick... or whomever.

Last edited:
JODI "The month of July and the Charge-backs I experienced on top of not seeing the money I was making, is the very reason I left Equita and became Independent."

Jody,
So from July 09’ until Oct/Nov 09’ you feel you have been enough of a “successful independent” to sell admission to a web-site and give advice on this message board to new agents looking for guidance. That just seems sleazy to me

As I do with all complaints I have looked into why YOU were not successful with Equita. Most of the business you wrote with Equita was the “Royal Prime Product” of RNA. Royal Prime is a fully underwritten product, not simple issue. You had a number of these type’s of applications pending and when none of them issued you were broke and out of business with Equita.

This is not Equita’s fault. You chose the product to suggest and write for the prospective clients. And probably because you where “new to FE” and weak at selling, you pushed the least expensive product available. Refusing to ignore the obvious that these folks where probably not going to qualify.

There is much more to being successful than merely submitting applications. They must get issued and paid.

Jodi I could post your Equita submitted business and what was actually issued and paid. I will say that companies have canceled agent’s contracts with a higher ratio than yours.

You are trying to make Equita your scapegoat. “They are the reason I was not successful.” If that justifies your failure to yourself, and to your family that is one thing, but don’t spread that poison here.

Equita lived up to their end of the deal. Providing you a quality leads at a fixed price. I guess if they would have provided a knowledgeable agent to ride along with you and do the appropriate “field underwriting” and direct you to what company and product to place the applicant with you would have been successful at Equita.

Jodi what company conventions did you qualify for? Can you verify your production numbers? Like I said I will be happy to post your numbers from Equita…but I will warn you it would be bad for web-site business.

I'm not saying I'm a guru... Or an expert.

I just teach you how to get your insurance license, how to get contracted with companies at a decent commission, how to get leads, how to make appointments, how to present yourself when you arrive at an appointment, how to close the sale by offering the right product etc...

Okay. Now I understand. You have no expertise but are teaching others.

My bad.

Originally Posted by GreenSky
Travis:​

Is training included in the lead program? Many of us know how to sell health insurance, life insurance, cars, etc. But FE is a little different.​

Do we just show up with the lead cards (ala the Lead Guru) or are we calling, etc?​

In other words, can you provide direction people not necessarily experts in this market?​

Rick​
This was written by Rick, a 20yr veteran.... posted 9/2008

First of all, my post was from over a year ago. You know, before you even had a license.

Secondly, I asked a question rather than stating that I could provide an answer. You make an assumption that I was asking for myself rather than simply asking for a clarification. You see, it's quite possible to ask a question for the benefit of others, rather than just for oneself.

Just to clarify, Travis is one of the most knowledgeable people about how to sell final expense. Unlike some people, he walks the walk. While I sell final expense, it's not my main line of insurance. I do have several companies that I work with, but if I don't know which company fits the client best, I ask the experts. Travis would be on that list.

Equita was something I looked into but rejected. They immediately gave me a release from a RNA contract so I don't have anything negative to say about the company.

About a year ago I thought about shifting focus from Medicare to final expense and did ask Travis for help. To be honest, I felt guilty about working so few hours, making a decent living, and not spending more productive time. (Although I'll be glad to compare incomes with you). Travis blew me off and I still haven't forgiven him for that. But in hindsight I'm glad I did not pursue that part of the business.

Take a towel and dry yourself off behind your ears. Come back when you at least have 6 months selling and can prove you've earned at least $100,000 in commissions. Then you might (and I mean might) have some credibility.

Rick

Respectfully, I wanted to say that 50 out of 220 were fully underwritten... and that was because I was limited on what policies I could sell. I was limited to 3 companies.

That's just one of my experiences why I found it more fulfilling to go independent.

There is plenty of room in this industry for different approaches and some people might like the structure that Equita provides and they might do better with that. Then there are others who want to be independent but they aren't sure how to get started.

I'm not saying that I know everything but I did manage to go independent in my first year in insurance and do it properly.

So this is what my website offers.

I noticed that there was a need for this kind of information and I wanted agents to know that there was an alternative to Equita and NAA etc.

Personally, it's a free market place of ideas and people can choose what's attractive to them.

You know, the purpose of this forum is for agents to help each other.

I'm trying to do that in my own way and you are trying to do that in your own way.

So I think it's important that we respect each others point of view and let people decide for themselves what's important for them.

Last edited:
Jody I have nothing to do with Equita. I refuse to drink your kool-aide or wear kneepads and shower you with affection.

I've spent a lot of time reading posts and looking at the web-sites of many posters. You are the sole reason I joined this forum.

Many things said here I don't agree with, but I do respect the posters. Your like the bible, your continually contradict yourself.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. You pm me and say you spend 3-4 hours a day helping agents. When do you sell?

I apologize to the forum if my posts are negative.
But Jody is an embarrassment to the insurance community.
I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Rick, thank you for your helpful advice, I will take it into consideration.

BTW: I have written and been paid for 100k+ since I left Equita. If any agent out there wants to learn how to do this, give me a call.

Don't pay much attention to these companies trying to shut me down (their motive is their own self interest). My motive is to help you...

It's up to you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jody I have nothing to do with Equita. I refuse to drink your kool-aide or wear kneepads and shower you with affection.

I've spent a lot of time reading posts and looking at the web-sites of many posters. You are the sole reason I joined this forum.

Many things said here I don't agree with, but I do respect the posters. Your like the bible, your continually contradict yourself.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. You pm me and say you spend 3-4 hours a day helping agents. When do you sell?

I apologize to the forum if my posts are negative.
But Jody is an embarrassment to the insurance community.
I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Well, since all your post are on my thread or about me .... well... it's suspicious...

Whatever? You have your agenda and I have a site full of information on how to succeed in the insurance business without giving away 40% of your income and limiting yourself to companies that can't provide you with the products you need.

If you want to fail, go Equita... Naa etc.

As for Rick, he has a great site and I recommend it. I don't know why he is bashing me???

Last edited:
Jody Today, 10:50 AM

"My experience being independent, continuously making 20k-30k in sales a month, but at 110%-120% commission, rather than 80%....

My experience being independent, focusing on the income bracket that can actually pay their premiums (15k-50k)...

My experience being independent, not being captive, and having the ability to offer any company (the makes for more sales)...

My experience being independent, and making 20k-30k a month and seeing it go into my bank account and only having 2 chargebacks and not having the stress of a company breathing down my neck...."

What month are you talking about, I know it's not July 09.

Experience: knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience

Herve' Villechaize: Da Plane, Da Plane!!!!!

Wow can't believe people are actually bashing a guy who Is trying to help out people. If you have a guru who writes 200 apps in a six month period and has been writing FE for 10+ years and then you have a new guy who writes 220 apps in six months and that guy is asking for $50 to show you how he did it what would you do? Would you prefer advice from the guru who can't produce as much as the new guy?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BtW Jim since you brought it up. How does the Bible contradict itself?

Last edited:
I was down and out and had hit rock bottom......one to many hard rides on the bottle had gotten the best of me.....my car was broke and I couldnt afford to fix it and I was living in the homeless shelter. And then one magic day I went up to the public library and logged on to the internet and read about how i could get rich selling life insurance. The one catch was I had to send a guy named Jodi 50 bucks before he would then share with me his secrets of great empire building. I dont know what came over me but I walked out of that library and found me a card board box and took a pencil I had stolen from the library and scratched out on that box in big letters.....WILL WORK FOR FOOD.......I then went up to the nearest street corner and stood there for 9 hours until I had collected 50 dollars. I quickly got a 50 dollar money order and sent it off to JODI. I slept well that night at the homeless shelter knowing that soon all my problems would be over and I would be making 250,000 a year. 1 week later I logged on to that public library computer again and took my new secret code that JODI had sent me and logged in to his web site. It was beautiful there.......there birds were chirping and a rainbow banner was over the top of the web page. I sat there and read that web site all day long and 2 weeks later I had passed my insurance license exam thanks to JODI. The day I got my life insurance license I had 4 dollars in my wallet made from selling 5 full garbage bags full of crushed pop cans. I walked over to that pay phone in the library and ripped a page out of the phone book and made my first sales call. I sold that first call a 20,000 final expense plan thanks to everything JODI had taught me. I had 3.50 cents left in my pocket which gave me enough to make 7 more calls and I ended up selling 3 more final expense plans. It is now just 5 months later and I am now living in a 2500 dolar a month penthouse and driving a brand new BMW. Take my word for it folks that JODI'S get rich quick selling life insurance plan really works.

Last edited:
Back