For those of you using NORVAX...

Hey johnrocks, I have done quite a bit of telemarketing at certain times. I worked at an outfit that used directive dialing computers to sell Accidental Death and Dismembement policies to a certain company's credit card holders. I've got to tell you that after about two months of that I felt like I was brain dead. On top of that they did not pay you the hourly rate on the number of hours you were physically at work, but on the amount of time you were actually conversing with a prospect on the phone.

So you might have been there for four hours and get paid for only 2.865 hours! So every time you went for a bathroom break or coffee break you were essentially "logged out." Any day dreaming between calls did not count as productive time. To top that off they had this old hag sitting at a desk on a pedestal that watched over all the peons at work. She could control your computer time from her desk. Talk about a sweat shop.

Another telemarketing outfit I worked at part-time had telemarketers working 50 or 60 hours or more a week. When I said to one of these guys, "Wow, with that time and half you must be doing great." His reply was, "Duh, its all straight time." Someone beat me to dropping the dime on these guys, because a few days later a U.S. Department of Labor auditing team arrived. The outfit was fined $10,000 and everyone who had worked more than 40 hours a week received their back overtime pay for the previous two years. The company was allowed to make the payout over 9 months. The only nice thing about this company is they didn't clock you by the computer----it was based on sign in and sign out. What an experience!:goofy:

I have been hounded by Norvax for years....never could see the value.......

I don't know about other people's experience with the type firms that I described but the man I know I believe he is running a leginimate business. I wish that I would have went in partners with him a few years ago when he came up with the idea. Instead he got a woman that we knew to partner with him and looks like they are well on their way to becoming millionaires from this little operation.

I disagree. I understand that's part of the contract, but if I'm paying a monthly amount for a quoting engine I should get every single lead regardless of the state.

Say I'm a GA (hey, I AM a GA!) and I have a team of 50 agents across the country and I decide to market my site to generate leads for my team. Under the Norvax quoting system I can't get any leads except for my domiciled state? Just how much would it cost for me to get every lead regardless of the state?

Well....I guess this is why I have my own site. If a referral plugs in his info from Texas then I want that lead. Maybe I'll give it to a broker friend of mine in TX and commission split.

Also, I put my info into Kris Willy's site and so far I'm up to 7 different calls. So just how many agents do you sell it to?

I don't know about other people's experience with the type firms that I described but the man I know I believe he is running a leginimate business. I wish that I would have went in partners with him a few years ago when he came up with the idea. Instead he got a woman that we knew to partner with him and looks like they are well on their way to becoming millionaires from this little operation.

Well, you have agents paying large monthly fees and every lead that comes in not from their state gets farmed out to God knows how many agents at $7 a pop (just guessing) so yeah....I'd assume it's a great deal.....for Norvax.

Or for $80 a year in hosting just don't worry about getting stroked:

http://marylandquotes.com/hsas.html (Note: I could have just had one icon where the client put in his age/zip and it spit out all the plans but I don't want my clients looking at 50 different plans at once. Too confusing.)

generate a quote? Ok:

http://www.marylandquotes.com/quote.html?zip+code=&submit=Submit

It ain't rocket science and the quoting links are giving to agents by the insurance companies for free.

Last edited:
Under the Norvax quoting system I can't get any leads except for my domiciled state?

Nope.

You get leads for every state in which you are licensed. I know several folks with Norvax sites that market in multiple states and they get leads from every state.

I am not defending Norvax. I think they are an over-priced racket. Just correcting your comment.

Back