For those who have a decent sized book, how do you personally manage them?

ValeRosso

Guru
I'm at the point where I have a small-medium size book (around 400), and I'm dedicating more and more time to current clients and less time obtaining new clients. From phone calls, to mailers, to emails, etc. its all very time consuming. Im not sure what I was thinking when I started, but my goal was to get 1k clients and then retire, but 1k clients (if I ever get there) would be exhausting and would be a full time job in itself.

Just looking to see how y'all do it, any tips, anything I can implement now for the future to make my life easier, or just tell me to sell my book and get out of the business lol.

Last edited:
What % of your book is dual/lis . If it’s a good size of it that’s your issue . They take 90% if your time . I’m spending a lot of time on retention and calls now . But I have zero interest in hiring anyone . I have no interest in growing bigger .

I'm at the point where I have a small-medium size book (around 400), and I'm dedicating more and more time to current clients and less time obtaining new clients. From phone calls, to mailers, to emails, etc. its all very time consuming. Im not sure what I was thinking when I started, but my goal was to get 1k clients and then retire, but 1k clients (if I ever get there) would be exhausting and would be a full time job in itself.

Just looking to see how y'all do it, any tips, anything I can implement now for the future to make my life easier, or just tell me to sell my book and get out of the business lol.

Look no further than our Insurance CRM software. In just 30 days, you can reduce overhead, automate tasks, and delegate responsibilities, all without feeling overwhelmed or frustrated.

Our user-friendly platform, LeadStream CRM, is designed to help you manage your contacts efficiently, increase revenue, and lower business costs. With LeadStream CRM, you can create landing pages, surveys, forms, calendars, and even an inbound phone system to capture and cultivate your leads, all in one place.

Not only that, but our Insurance CRM software also facilitates gathering reviews, payments, feedback, and more, helping you cut business costs by 30% in just 7 days. It's perfect for life & health insurance agents, agency owners, and insurance brokers, as it allows you to manage customer data through a single platform.

Concerned about security? Our Insurance CRM software is HIPAA compliant, ensuring that your and your clients' information is safe and secure.

And here's the best part - the first 100 people who sign up will get the CRM for 50% OFF for the lifetime of their subscription! Don't miss out on this incredible offer. Click here to learn more and start streamlining your business today.

@ValeRosso, I am at a similar point as you and was hoping to get some more constructive feedback. I also already use a good CRM. Other constructive advice would be appreciated.

I think it depends on how badly you need/want the money from new business. Sometimes having a trusted partner to send new business to can relieve some burden and not cost you much in revenue. Even if you only refer out one section of your business that you don't want to do anymore.

You could also hire someone either to service existing clients or handle the new business that comes in. I know that adds a layer of complication but some extra work on the front end can yield great results down the road.

While my book is much smaller than 400 (I wish) I have under 100 clients as I am in my first year of selling Medicare. I use a CRM that I've built out that sends 1 to 2 monthly automated newsletters I've created with info and upsells. As well as automated text messages. And a birthday card service.

Can't imagine you need much more. That is several touch points besides phone calls that go out every year.

How long did it take you to get to 400? What was your main marketing?

Back