Ford Retiree's

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
As of January 1st Ford retiree's will be losing their health coverage if they are retired and on Medicare. Ford bill reimburse them up to $1,800 a year. The Ford retiree's will need to go out and purchase their own insurance with this money.

Ford, in Michigan anyways has brought in a company that will help them enroll in Blue Cross. This company will get them reimbursed each month and the retiree doesn't have to do anything to get this reimbursement.

My problem is if they go through me or any independent agent, it looks like the client has to send in a form every month to get reimbursed. Does anyone know of a way they can get reimbused automatically, like the other company is doing.

Anyone dealing with any Ford retiree's?

Thanks in advance

I had a lady call me and wanted me to come over. She was havinng a group of friends/ford retiree's and they wanted me to come over and go over the plans and answer questions. She said I understand if you don't want to do it because we're all going to enroll through the company that will get us reimbursed without us having to do anything each month......

that's why this is important for me to find out.

I just got another call from someone else I was working with, they're choosing this other company over me because of the reimbursement situation......

Anyone dealing with the Ford retiree's?

well there you go. it's a payroll situation contracted with a carrier, and you will not be able to get in unless you're an enroller with that carrier.

As of January 1st Ford retiree's will be losing their health coverage if they are retired and on Medicare. Ford bill reimburse them up to $1,800 a year. The Ford retiree's will need to go out and purchase their own insurance with this money.

Ford, in Michigan anyways has brought in a company that will help them enroll in Blue Cross. This company will get them reimbursed each month and the retiree doesn't have to do anything to get this reimbursement.

My problem is if they go through me or any independent agent, it looks like the client has to send in a form every month to get reimbursed. Does anyone know of a way they can get reimbused automatically, like the other company is doing.

Anyone dealing with any Ford retiree's?

Thanks in advance

Boy don't i feel like a chump.

I went on an appointment to a Ford retiree who wanted to see me ASAP to talk about about Med Supp and MA. After i my presentation the prospect thanked me for my time and proudly told me that the Ford retirees in Florida are using a service called Extended Care (or something like that) that gives them " free consultation " on their retiree health benefits. I told the prospect that my advice is also free and they i could sign him right then.

Buyers sometimes are liars!

Yes, Ford is using a company called Extend Care. They're out of Utah. They're not a Michigan company or a Florida company and they won't have the knowledge of the plans available in your state like the independent agent does.

The Ford retiree's don't have to use Extend Care. To get reimbursed by Ford they use a totally seperate company called Wage Works. Somehow Extend Care has some kind of deal where they will get the clients reimbursed without them having to submit a form each month to Wage Works. I can't imagine it being that difficult to submit the form each month...I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way for the client to get set up where they don't have to do that every single month.

Come on people, SHARE THE INFO........it would be most appreciated :)

Have you contacted Wage Works?

Might be worth asking them how this other company is doing this and if you (the indy agent) have the option or ability to do same?

Thats where I would start.

Back