Funeral Director

In Mississippi as well as some other states, the FHs can sell FE and some do, but most not aggressively. I sold both FE and preneed for several. Florida laws are much different. I and the FH preferred that I write FE but there are situations where preneed is the best option.

Wouldn’t it make better sense to visit someone who has mastered the FE market to learn more about FE?

If you want to learn Preneed, then go see a funeral director.

Actually even for Pre-need it would be a rare Funeral Director that knew anything about how to sell it. That's why they contract it out to insurance agents/preneed agents.

I know a lot of FD that write their own preneed because there is no UW but very few write FE. And, good luck getting any info out of one; they are some of the most paranoid, suspicious and territorial people I’ve ever met.

I know a lot of FD that write their own preneed because there is no UW but very few write FE. And, good luck getting any info out of one; they are some of the most paranoid, suspicious and territorial people I’ve ever met.

A lot of little small funeral homes just have the owner write the walk-in pre-needs which are usually Medicaid spend downs or imminent deaths. Very few of those do any actual marketing.

The funeral homes that are a bit larger have a full time insurance agent writing pre-need and sometimes FE and even Medicare with an office within the funeral home. Those agents market through mailers and seminars.

Exactly. Again, depending on the state and the companies that operate there, preneed is also a good option for GI. I too had an office in a couple of FHs and could write anything that I wanted. They also ran ads in the weekly paper for me and at least once a year they and the preneed company sent mailers to the entire county. That’s not typical though, rare would be more like it.

Newby, changing the subject for a minute, I saw your posts about Oxford Life from a couple of years ago, are they any better now?

Back