General Election Period

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just checking to make sure of this. I had a gentlemen that went on SS disability and became eligible for Medicaid until his Medicare started last April, 2015. For some reason, his Medicare Part B did not start then, only his Part A. He says he did not turn down Part B. So I enrolled him in a Stand Alone PDP during last AEP. He signed up for Part B using the General Election Period to join Part B in March and it now starts on July 1st. He is not LIS so he does not have SEP just because his Part B begins July 1st. Is that correct?

Just checking to make sure of this. I had a gentlemen that went on SS disability and became eligible for Medicaid until his Medicare started last April, 2015. For some reason, his Medicare Part B did not start then, only his Part A. He says he did not turn down Part B. So I enrolled him in a Stand Alone PDP during last AEP. He signed up for Part B using the General Election Period to join Part B in March and it now starts on July 1st. He is not LIS so he does not have SEP just because his Part B begins July 1st. Is that correct?

He's in his IEP for med advantage plans if that's what you're looking at

He's in his IEP for med advantage plans if that's what you're looking at

Technically, it's an ICEP from 4/1/6 to 6/30/16 to enroll into an MA/MAPD. And if he's paying for his Part A, he has a special election to choose a different PDP, but I assume he's more or less satisfied with his current PDP.

ICEP or IEP? Which is it?
It is ICEP but either will get the enrollment issued. Some apps don't specify either; they have a "new to Medicare" option. Go with that. I just got one done where the acronyms weren't used, just descriptions like this.

How about this. I have a client who was on disability and MAPD. He t65 in July and wants med sup and PDP. What is correct code for the PDP?

How about this. I have a client who was on disability and MAPD. He t65 in July and wants med sup and PDP. What is correct code for the PDP?
IEP2. For apps that have descriptions instead of codes select "I am already on Medicare but now I am turning 65."

Back