Generate Your Own Exclusive Internet Leads!!!

I've done SEO/internet marketing as a full time job for over a decade and essentially I no longer do SEO. I advise all people who contact me to not bother with it either. The algorithms are so far advanced now there is barely any way to make headway if you are paying someone to do it. All the scam tactics have been shut down and you are seriously throwing your money away.

To do it the right way takes years and a lot of patience which unfortunately most people just don't have. I advise anyone to seriously think long and hard before paying anyone for SEO work. I'd say 95% of the time or more you will not get the expected results. It's not even because you're being ripped off, they may have done an honest effort for you but it just isn't that simple.

Your money would be better spent on telemarketing or direct mail leads, heck, a billboard might even bring more results.

Lee, it seems you are saying internet marketing is dead. Or is it just for SEO? In that case, I will agree. Paying someone to optimize your site is a crap shoot for many.

That being said, I do know agents paying around 5 figures monthly for tweaking national lead gen sites. AFAIK they are still producing results that surpass the monthly SEO fees.

You still have a site but apparently have all but abandoned Medicare lead gen.

So do you still believe PPC works or do you have billboards directing people to your site(s)?

SEO still works but I just don't recommend people paying for it because you just won't get your money back 95% of the time. I still do it for all of my sites but I am not in any rush and there is no out of pocket cost to me. It took me 2.5 years to get to #1 for a crucial keyword for my hobby business. That isn't time most people have and the keywords for insurance are infinitely more difficult.

I of course believe PPC works but with Medicare I just can't make it affordable for independent agents, at least right now. With all of the FE and LTC stuff going on I only have so much time and since that isn't working as hoped I am just putting it on hold for now. I will be back for Med Supps but right now I just have to run with what is working.

I've done SEO/internet marketing as a full time job for over a decade and essentially I no longer do SEO. I advise all people who contact me to not bother with it either. The algorithms are so far advanced now there is barely any way to make headway if you are paying someone to do it. All the scam tactics have been shut down and you are seriously throwing your money away. To do it the right way takes years and a lot of patience which unfortunately most people just don't have. I advise anyone to seriously think long and hard before paying anyone for SEO work. I'd say 95% of the time or more you will not get the expected results. It's not even because you're being ripped off, they may have done an honest effort for you but it just isn't that simple. Your money would be better spent on telemarketing or direct mail leads, heck, a billboard might even bring more results.
Thanks for the honest opinion... Much appreciated!!

I generate an exclusive internet lead or two, and I'll agree with some posts on here.

If you have the money do PPC. That's how I started 8 years ago. BUT, I studied how to do it for 4 months first before spending a dime. By studying I mean about 10-12 hours per day 5-6 days per week. PPC is just like day trading. Everyone things they can do it and it's an easy way to riches, but it's really online gambling. And that doesn't include having competent people to sell to the leads when, and if you generate any.

Read everything Perry Marshall put out on PPC, both free and his paid stuff. The corporations these days (at least in the Med Supp Market) are still hiring people who talk a good game when it comes to online marketing but typically don't know squat. I know this first hand, it goes with their PPC and SEO. You can beat them, but you have to put the work in. PPC these days still isn't just about money and outbidding, it's about outWITTING. There are still loopholes in many markets.

SEO on the other hand is another beast. Any "time" needed as mentioned in other threads is typically used for continuous testing to see what works and what doesn't. It's not about time in relation to "nurturing" sites. The only people touting that are the B.S. people selling their lousy SEO services. SEO is about having the right combination to the massive lock of rankings, and well, you ain't getting it.

The best SEO's in the world rank sites for themselves, not other people. And they usually don't give up their methods easily.

Still a huge opening in PPC that I see, at least in the Med Supp market. I don't need to go there at the moment. But who will......? :biggrin:

Back