Generating Leads on your own site

The site looks nice, but flash intros are an awful idea! Not trying to be negative, but conversion 101 say flash intros are a big "no-no"!
I'm not bombarding viewers with bells and whistles but wanted to make my intro stand out a bit. I designed it myself from free templates provided by my web host and I'm not the most computer literate guy on the block but it works for me. Incidentally, it doesn't appear on computers that are not flash enabled and you can click on "skip intro" if you want to go direct to home page. Benefit Marketing Group

I have used more than my fair share of hosting companies over the years.

The very first question I have learned to ask, is do they have 365 day 24 hour live telephone support in the US.

There is nothing worse than waiting 3 to 24 hours for an e-mail response when you have a problem, or calling at midnight, only to find the live support is only available 9 to 5 M-F.

Also US support, because speaking with overseas telephone support can be problematic.

I use Host Monster - Web hosting for all my web sites. Before I went with them, I called their live support 5 different times, day, nights, and weekends, just to make sure they were actually there.

They are based in the US, and employ english speaking support.

I run a hosting company on the side, as a reseller. I can offer forum members hosting for $5/month which offers the following:

50MB disk space
5,000MB bandwidth
Unlimited email addresses
guarantee’s 99.9% network and 99.5% server uptime with the exception of scheduled maintenance.

If you want, I will even set up google analyics on your site for an additional $25. (one time fee charged based on one hour of set up time. NOT monthly)

With an insurance website, there is not much need for more than I have provided.... but if you feel that you do need more, just let me know and we'll figure something out. I'm flexible, and more just looking to help forum members out. I'm obviously not going to make a ton of money at $5/month.

The company I am a reseller for owns their own servers that are located in New York. They are not a reseller, and are extremely reliable, and easy to work with. If you have problems at any time you can always call my toll free number. If I do not answer, you push option 3 and it will forward to my cell phone. I have used many companies in the past who had poor customer service.... and there is nothing worse than not being able to check your email when you want to. I will always do my best to take care of my customers.... any time day or night. I am located in the Detroit, MI suburbs.

If anyone is interested, feel free to email me. Send me a private message and I'll give you my email. Even if you don't use my company, there really is no need to pay more than $5-6/month to host an insurance website. If you want tracking info for pages, google analytics is second to none.

Hope this helps!

-Nate

I run a hosting company on the side, as a reseller. I can offer forum members hosting for $5/month which offers the following:
So the other 200+ posts were just a setup to your solicitation for hosting accounts? Forum rules state you must have at least 220 posts.

I'm telling Sam!:goofy:

Rick

So the other 200+ posts were just a setup to your solicitation for hosting accounts? Forum rules state you must have at least 220 posts.

I'm telling Sam!:goofy:

Rick

Hahaha! Yeah... I spent the last year posting, and setting up to sell $5/month hosting.

Now, let me also tell you about this great opportunity that I have in the financial services industry. First thing we have to do is make a list of all your friends and family. We're going to make a killing!

:D

Mickyma,

Financial Visions charges 39.95 month for NAIFA members, and the set up is 99.00, not 149.00.

Ok, so you pay anywhere from $5 to $1,500 to set up a site. Let's assume it is beautiful and has an easy way to contact you and ask for quotes. Both of these things, by the way, are extremely easy.

But here's the question: how do people come to your site out of the millions out there? You will not be positioned for the search engines to find you. Frankly, you never will be if you think someone searching for "insurance quotes" or whatever will find your site. It will never happen unless you want to spend the really big bucks.

You will have to advertise and now you're not only talking money again, but compliance. Advertising can be local ads with your site link, or through Internet search engines like Google.

I don't want to rain on any-one's parade, but getting a site up and running is the easy part. Someone searching for your name or company name specifically will find it, but they had to be looking for you in the first place. Getting other traffic is the part you have to figure out.

Take a look sometime on what Google AdSense charges for keywords like "Insurance" "insurance quotes" "life insurance" and so on. The only word I know of that is way above these in cost is "mesothelioma" which is the money maker for lawyers. This word can cost $5 a click. Even the misspellings of this word are expensive.

Back