Generating Leads on your own site

Have you had any instances when the Norvax quote engine was wrong? Do they do a good job keeping up with rates, possible rate-ups, etc?

I would like to use them, but I hate quoting information that I don't get 1st hand.

I don't think Norvax rates are wrong, they send out standard as far as I know, so it may be wrong for the client but they are not wrong in a sense.

There are a couple of other good lead brokers. Most agencies use several.

Exclusive leads? Norvax has them now, and others.

If your web site hasn't been optimized for search engine traffic, your always going to be walking up hill both ways.

Norvax sites, have virtually zero SEO done to them.

They have no header tags, H1, H2, H3 etc.., keywords, or meta tag titles. I will say they do add your title name into the Meta keyword tag to give you a one word description.

It's a shame they don't do a better job of incorporating these features into their sites they provide.

It takes 6 to 12 months of consistent SEO work to get your site recognized organically. As I said before SEO is a process, not an event.

If your not doing any, then perhaps longer if ever.

Many people give up on their sites long before they have ever done any work to promote them.

I'll give you a quick example. If you type in the search term fullbenefits as one word into google, I come up number four, if you type it in yahoo, I come up number one.

Six months months ago, I wasn't even on the first 100 pages. Now granted fullbenefits is not typed in thousands of times a day, but my point is, that six months ago, I wasn't even in the picture.

My assumption is that Norvax sites are too similar to each other to be optimized for search engines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my assumption is that they are built on a fairly rigid template with only a small amount of customization being allowable.

If that is the case, a Norvax site can't be optimized because the search engines will see too much duplicate content when they compare the Norvax sites with each other.

Norvax sites, have virtually zero SEO done to them.

Last edited:
You are correct and even if they "could" - SEO is such a changing and ongoing process - there is no way they could charge a fair price and measure results. They have a hard enough time pulling $50 a month out of agents, let alone $5000 a month for extreme SEO - it is simply not happening. I don't think that is their intention or target market either.

I am having my site built professionaly and so far I am happy with the way it looks. I was thinking about buying 3 or 4 domains with Yahoo Site Builder and building some simple sites that would link people to my real site.

Can anyone with SEO experience tell me if this is a good or bad idea? I've heard it's a good idea because you can optimize each page for different keywords (a motorcycle insurance site, auto insurance site, boat insurance site) to rank each page better. I've also heard that Google doesn't like it because you're kind of cheating the system.

Thanks for the help.

My assumption is that Norvax sites are too similar to each other to be optimized for search engines.

I did a little research on that last year. Norvax drops a common footprint into most of the sites they design. Try these searches to see how many websites have the footprint:

"Powered by Norvax"
"Design by Norvax"

I'm sure there are several more footprints, but you get the idea.

Google can "see" these footprints when spidering a Norvax website. You always have the option to buy one of the Enterprise level website from Norvax (where, I assume, you can delete the footprint). However, that is expensive.

In my opinion, you're better off building your own website or blog. You can always tack-on the quote engine to your existing website.

I think it is a good idea. However, you should make sure that the IP addresses for the sites are on different C blocks.

All websites have IP addresses. For example the IP address of this forum is: 65.91.249.131

The third section or "249" is the C block.

The reason for separate C blocks is so that Google sees links from your_site_A.com to your_site_B.com as a "vote" from an impartial webmaster. If they are all on the same C block they assume that the ownership is the same.

I use glitterhost.com as my hosting company. I know that they can give you at least 10 different C blocks if you pay for the dedicated IP and get the SSL (https) certificate.

You will need to let them know what want before you place your second and subsequent orders so that they put your sites on different servers.

The package I have costs about $250 per site per year.

Norvax does allow their templates to be customized. If you know what your doing, you can add your own Header Tags, Keywords, and meta descriptions to them. Most
just don't know how to.

That was also me up until the last 6 to 9 months or so. I don't know it all, but I know enough to put me ahead of 51% of the competition.

As far as multiple web sites, I think that is the only way to go in this day and age.

Where do you think all the leads come from. Multiple Web Sites, or as many call them, affiliates, which is just a fancy word for electronic business partner.

I currently own 71 insurance domain names, and I'm in the process of building web sites for 50 of them. Long term goal of 200 plus sites.

Each domain, and web site is keyword driven, and maximized for "on page" optimization.

For example "College Student Health Insurance" was typed in as a search phrase 471 times within a 50 mile radius of my home in the last 3 months.

So I go out, purchase college student health insurance.info, because the dot com is already taken, build the site using college student health insurance as my title, use that phrase as many time as I can fit it into a logically read sentence on my home page, again utilize that phrase as one of my main key words, plus add that phrase into my alt tag descriptions on my images, then use that phrase in my meta tag keyword phrase.

What you wind up with, is a web site that has one job, is optimized for one job, and search promoted for one job.

Now it just needs to be promoted on a regular schedule. I will do that with Pay Per Click, Search Engine Submission, Directory Submission, and Back Link building.

With a web site, you can control what goes on your page, and it's content, but it's the "off page optimization" that you can't control, but to an extent, you can guide the process with Good Relevant Content with matching keywords, Proper Back Link building, Directory and Search Engine Submission, and Pay Per Click Advertising.

Now, I'm another half of web site design behind for the day, but if this helps just one person, I'll consider that part of my paying it forward for the day.

Can captive agents use Norvax sites? Would it be worth it to buy a Norvax site if I am not quoting from any of the companies they are connected with?

Back