Getting Appointed by Progressive?

alagent

I would like to get appointed through Progressive insurance for home/auto. I have had no luck finding out any info on the appointment process or requirements. Do I need some sort established busniss to be considered? Are there production requirement to become a Progressive producer? I am literally starting from scratch and have no book of business, just prospects. I have my State license, and E/O insurance. Any info would help. Thanks

I would like to get appointed through Progressive insurance for home/auto. I have had no luck finding out any info on the appointment process or requirements. Do I need some sort established busniss to be considered? Are there production requirement to become a Progressive producer? I am literally starting from scratch and have no book of business, just prospects. I have my State license, and E/O insurance. Any info would help. Thanks

Welcome!

Progressive you do everything online for them and fill out a questionnaire. They might have a production requirement, that will vary on the state really. Usually they are one of the people you get when you start a new agency so you are on the right track.

Go into the "get started selling insurance" section and I have a sticky on some information to start as a new agency and a new agent. Maybe that will help you out some more!

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if there is anything I can do to help. Just keep in mind you need to be at 20 posts before you can do so.

Thanks for the info and the link. I filled out the questionnaire, but received an error message when I tried to process the production portion of the questionnaire. This is what lead me to believe that I need a prior book of business to be considered. The production portion also asked the current volume at which I am producing at. This is at 0, because I am just starting the appointment process. Not sure if this also played a part in the error message. I am starting my agency in Colorado, maybe progressive has different requirements? I have tried to contact Progressive, but none if the reps seemed to have much experience with appointing agents

Thanks for the info and the link. I filled out the questionnaire, but received an error message when I tried to process the production portion of the questionnaire. This is what lead me to believe that I need a prior book of business to be considered. The production portion also asked the current volume at which I am producing at. This is at 0, because I am just starting the appointment process. Not sure if this also played a part in the error message. I am starting my agency in Colorado, maybe progressive has different requirements? I have tried to contact Progressive, but none if the reps seemed to have much experience with appointing agents

Are you brand new with NO experience? They want to know what you are doing as an agent in general to get an idea for them. If you have ZERO experience, I would recommend working for another agent for a while as I outlined in my guide.

they will come to your place to meet you though, some people i know dont have office and gets progressive.

I filled out their online application a couple days ago. Does anyone know what the turn around time is to become appointed. I have already made contact with their rep., and we have a good relationship with them because of the group I'm in.

Back