Getting Appointed by Progressive?

Nice!

Have you had success getting appointed with companies as a new indy? Did you go through a cluster?

I just made the switch from captive to independent a couple months ago, so I have just started trying to get appointments. I have one so far and have contacted many others. The whole process of waiting for reps to get back to you is very frustrating.

What kind of timeline should I look at from the point of contact, to the time of appointment should I expect?

I am not sure as I am in the same boots you were in as a captive. I eventually would like to jump ship and go indy.

Have you looked at clusters? They can be very helpful when looking to get competitive markets that only IA's with a book will get.

I filled out their online application a couple days ago. Does anyone know what the turn around time is to become appointed. I have already made contact with their rep., and we have a good relationship with them because of the group I'm in.

when you register and apply, the email tells you how long to wait. for me it was the last day of waiting period to speak to a app rep, then she submitted to regional sales rep, which in turn had to wait another couple weeks for her to make it out and set up an appointment to meet.

After I applied online, I received an email about a week later. In the email it stated that someone would follow up with me within 30 days. It's been about 15 days thus far. So hopefully within next week or two, I will be contacted.

I would like to get appointed through Progressive insurance for home/auto. I have had no luck finding out any info on the appointment process or requirements. Do I need some sort established busniss to be considered? Are there production requirement to become a Progressive producer? I am literally starting from scratch and have no book of business, just prospects. I have my State license, and E/O insurance. Any info would help. Thanks

Hey! I see you started this topic about 4 years ago. So how your appointment process with progressive ended? Hope everything went good.
I just got my license and thought appointment with company like progressive would be great. Never actually been involved into insurance industry. I feel I'm in the same position you ve been back in 2012. I don't even have e&o insurance yet.
So could you share what happened with your appointment? How long it took?
I was planing to write policies for side income, working from home, mostly focus on auto policies, or may be run a little f&i office at my friends dealership.

Hey! I see you started this topic about 4 years ago. So how your appointment process with progressive ended? Hope everything went good.
I just got my license and thought appointment with company like progressive would be great. Never actually been involved into insurance industry. I feel I'm in the same position you ve been back in 2012. I don't even have e&o insurance yet.
So could you share what happened with your appointment? How long it took?
I was planing to write policies for side income, working from home, mostly focus on auto policies, or may be run a little f&i office at my friends dealership.

Do yourself a favor and don't try to go out on your own from the get-go. This industry is not like so many others where you can just get some working capital and an office and sell, sell, sell. Contact a local agency about becoming a producer for them. Once you've gotten your feet wet they may even let you work remote or open a satellite location, something along those lines. But with no experience whatsoever, you're not likely to get even the easy appointments like Progressive.

Back